Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Undertale

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    (SPOILER)Well technically The Locket is the best armor in the game, not that it matters =P
    (SPOILER)I could have sworn that the Temmie Armor had the better DEF stat. Also, I think the Temmie Armor restores HP. I never used it myself, so this is coming from a vague memory of watching a Let's Play of it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    (SPOILER)Well technically The Locket is the best armor in the game, not that it matters =P
    (SPOILER)I could have sworn that the Temmie Armor had the better DEF stat. Also, I think the Temmie Armor restores HP. I never used it myself, so this is coming from a vague memory of watching a Let's Play of it.
    Some Genocide Run spoilersAh you might have misunderstood. In a normal run the items you get are the Worn Dagger and the Heart Locket, giving 15 AT and 15 DF respectively. Usually the best equipment, but the Temy Armor is indeed better than the Heart Locket.

If on the other hand you're doing a Genocide run, you will find the Real Knife and The Locket instead. With 99 AT and 99 DF respectively. Too bad the only enemy you fight past obtaining these items renders your AT and DF meaningless.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Some Genocide Run spoilersAh you might have misunderstood. In a normal run the items you get are the Worn Dagger and the Heart Locket, giving 15 AT and 15 DF respectively. Usually the best equipment, but the Temy Armor is indeed better than the Heart Locket.

If on the other hand you're doing a Genocide run, you will find the Real Knife and The Locket instead. With 99 AT and 99 DF respectively. Too bad the only enemy you fight past obtaining these items renders your AT and DF meaningless.
    Oh, right, I should have called that. While I normally haven't experienced that I did look it up, so I should have remembered regardless!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

DEAR DIARY TODAY I CRIED BECAUSE A COUPLE OF PIXELS TOLD ME THEY WERE MY FRIENDS

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    DEAR DIARY TODAY I CRIED BECAUSE A COUPLE OF PIXELS TOLD ME THEY WERE MY FRIENDS
    *hugs*

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Finished this a few days ago, an amazing game, and the use of the steam cloud saves is interesting. I'd love to see a spiritual successor with the same kind of combat and story.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Finished this a few days ago, an amazing game, and the use of the steam cloud saves is interesting. I'd love to see a spiritual successor with the same kind of combat and story.
    Toby Fox heavily implied on Twitter that he was going to work on something new soon, so who knows where that will go.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Toby Fox heavily implied on Twitter that he was going to work on something new soon, so who knows where that will go.
    Considering how massive a success it has been I would be shocked if he quit after Undertale.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

For the record I cried, like, three different times.

(SPOILER)Once when you had like one HP left and suddenly all your friends and previous monsters showed up to help.

Once during the very end of Asriel fight when he kept asking why you were doing this, and kept trying to kill you, until you were down to like 0.00000001 HP or whatever.

And then finally the very end when you choose to stay with Goat Mom (that's what I did, at least) and she brings you pie.

I don't know how I can bring myself to play this game again. The characters are all happy now and I don't want to like, reverse that. Goddamnit Flowey.

Anyways doing that whole game without a controller was a pain in the ass, I died an embarrassing amount of times. WORTH IT.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    For the record I cried, like, three different times.

(SPOILER)Once when you had like one HP left and suddenly all your friends and previous monsters showed up to help.

Once during the very end of Asriel fight when he kept asking why you were doing this, and kept trying to kill you, until you were down to like 0.00000001 HP or whatever.

And then finally the very end when you choose to stay with Goat Mom (that's what I did, at least) and she brings you pie.

I don't know how I can bring myself to play this game again. The characters are all happy now and I don't want to like, reverse that. Goddamnit Flowey.

Anyways doing that whole game without a controller was a pain in the ass, I died an embarrassing amount of times. WORTH IT.
    best bullet hell/rpg

Articles
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries

Such a chilling moment... then again Genocide run is full of moments like this

Articles
    Blog Entries

An amazing moment.

Articles
    Blog Entries

This neutral ending sequence (spoilers, obviously) is probably my favorite scene in the game. It's this perfect blend of comedic and serious that makes the neutral ending so special to me. (SPOILER)Something about the whole atmosphere of "yeah... it didn't really go well" and being told how the underground you left behind, whatever you may have done to it, evolves just hits me hard.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The music for that sequence is just awesome. This is a great cover of it.