Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 196

Thread: Undertale

  1. #151
    Radical Dreamer Fynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tower of the Swallow
    Posts
    17,385
    Articles
    56
    Blog Entries
    16

    FFXIV Character

    A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    If you have any type of working PC, you can run it. Seriously, this will run on a potato.

  2. #152
    Happiness Hurricane!! Pike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clover Town
    Posts
    18,622
    Articles
    13

    FFXIV Character

    Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

    Default

    It's also possible to play without a controller if you don't have one. You can beat the whole thing with a keyboard. (I did, and it was rough, but I did it, haha.)

  3. #153
    Fragaria addict Momiji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    On top of this frustrating world
    Posts
    10,533
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

    Default

    Undertale was GOTY for me in 2015. I really do like it a lot, but after going through it again, I've noticed that once you know all the mechanics and plot twists, a lot of the impact of the story is lost. It's a fantastic game and definitely up there on a list of treasured games for me, but that's it's one solid flaw-- the game's true value lies in playing it blind. It's a bit of a shame that the impact of the narrative revolves around what is not known.

    Just a minor fuss I have about it, now that I've returned to the game a year later. Such a great game though.

  4. #154
    Sh♥tposter Extraordinaire Jinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,234
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    14

    FFXIV Character

    Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    Sans smurfing sucks, Papyrus is goddamn EVERYTHING, I wish you could kill Alphys outright, and Asgore murdered innocent children, he does not deserve Toriel and she's right for hating him.

  5. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Sans smurfing sucks, Papyrus is goddamn EVERYTHING, I wish you could kill Alphys outright, and Asgore murdered innocent children, he does not deserve Toriel and she's right for hating him.
    Did we play the same game? :0

  6. #156

  7. #157
    Sh♥tposter Extraordinaire Jinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,234
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    14

    FFXIV Character

    Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    I really like Asgore, I don’t think he’s bad. But Toriel wasn’t okay with him killing innocent kids, which IS TOTALLY REASONABLE.

  8. #158
    Radical Dreamer Fynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tower of the Swallow
    Posts
    17,385
    Articles
    56
    Blog Entries
    16

    FFXIV Character

    A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    That’s... not exactly her reason if you’re on the true ending path. Rather, she was more upset he didn’t actually have the guts to do it, but also wouldn’t back down on his promise to get the monsters to the surface. So it’s less that she left him because he decided to kill kids, but rather because he’s an indecisive smurf

  9. #159
    Sh♥tposter Extraordinaire Jinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,234
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    14

    FFXIV Character

    Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    That’s... not exactly her reason if you’re on the true ending path. Rather, she was more upset he didn’t actually have the guts to do it, but also wouldn’t back down on his promise to get the monsters to the surface. So it’s less that she left him because he decided to kill kids, but rather because he’s an indecisive smurf
    Yeah, she tells him that he could have gone ahead himself and gotten souls and brought them back. Toriel has never shown herself to be anything but loving, so I still think she would have judged him had he chosen the souls of children, versus, say, someone who was dying and would willingly give up theirs.

    Narratively, the monsters trying to escape is weird anyways, because it doesn't seem like all that long ago they were forced underground in the first place. Or maybe monsters just have really, really long life spans!

  10. #160
    Yossarian Lives Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    51,606
    Articles
    71

    Default

    Were they actually kids he killed? I always assumed they were adults with professions as you find their equipment and each of their heals during the final showdown are flavoured around this, eg the chef, the ballerina, and so on.

  11. #161
    Sh♥tposter Extraordinaire Jinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,234
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    14

    FFXIV Character

    Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Were they actually kids he killed? I always assumed they were adults with professions as you find their equipment and each of their heals during the final showdown are flavoured around this, eg the chef, the ballerina, and so on.
    I just kind of assumed it was kids wearing stuff, but you're probably right. In any case, is killing an innocent adult THAT much better? I mean, we're assuming that these people didn't just come in an kill a bunch of people.

  12. #162
    Yossarian Lives Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    51,606
    Articles
    71

    Default

    Oh yeah no I agree with you on the morals of it. I'd just always had it in my head that they were adults so I just wanted to know if you knew something I didn't.

    But on those morals, Asgore's in an impossible situation. He didn't stuff the monsters down there, and he didn’t set up the 7 human soul barrier either, that was all imposed on him. His people are ostensibly suffering down there and he’s responsible for them. What else can he do? It’s one of those lesser of two evils situations. Either way is pretty horrible but I can’t really judge someone for choosing either path.

  13. #163
    Sh♥tposter Extraordinaire Jinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,234
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    14

    FFXIV Character

    Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Oh yeah no I agree with you on the morals of it. I'd just always had it in my head that they were adults so I just wanted to know if you knew something I didn't.

    But on those morals, Asgore's in an impossible situation. He didn't stuff the monsters down there, and he didn’t set up the 7 human soul barrier either, that was all imposed on him. His people are ostensibly suffering down there and he’s responsible for them. What else can he do? It’s one of those lesser of two evils situations. Either way is pretty horrible but I can’t really judge someone for choosing either path.
    Nor can I, and as I said, I do really like Asgore. He's easily one of my favorite characters. It's very clear he takes no joy in it, and even allows you time to leave to take care of your matters (or escape, really) if you need to do things. In another time he would've been your friend (and in another time, he IS your friend).

    I was just saying that I don't blame Toriel for leaving him. Her reasons are justified, even if he did what he did (or didn't do, as Fynn said) without malice. Her reasons for leaving were solid, and aren't the kind of reasons you go back on--especially someone like Toriel who is easily the kindest and most pacifist monster in the whole game. And honestly, I really like that it wasn't concrete they got back together. Sure, Asgore tends flowers outside her school, so it sort of implies it, but she outright tells him she isn't coming back. It's also sad, though, because they are both so lovable, and so was Asriel, and Chara just smurfing decimated that family in every way.

    Also, I really like you can't save Asriel. His fate is heartbreaking, but you can't save everyone.

    And nah, no special info! Just like you, I just always assumed the ages of the other humans. xD Maybe because Toriel is so mothering, it's odd to think of her doting on another adult.

  14. #164
    Yossarian Lives Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    51,606
    Articles
    71

    Default

    Again my interpretation was that Frisk was the first human to encounter Toriel simply because she told Sans to look after a human that came through the door, implying Frisk was the first.

    On that note, how the hell can you hate San? And Mettaton? And while I don't love Alphys, I don't think she's particularly hateable either. I demand answers!

  15. #165
    Sh♥tposter Extraordinaire Jinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22,234
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    14

    FFXIV Character

    Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Again my interpretation was that Frisk was the first human to encounter Toriel simply because she told Sans to look after a human that came through the door, implying Frisk was the first.

    On that note, how the hell can you hate San? And Mettaton? And while I don't love Alphys, I don't think she's particularly hateable either. I demand answers!
    I don't hate Sans, I just don't like him. He's so blase about everything, it makes me disinterested in him as a character. I'll say this--I'm watching a genocide playthrough, and that's where he shines. The fact he's willing to spare you after everything you've done makes him much more interesting.

    Mettaton is annoying and not funny. Alphys is a drip and every scene she's in is damn near insufferable. Also, she's incredibly manipulative.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •