Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur 6

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Default Soul Calibur 6

We're just over a month out of SC6 now, so who's planning on picking it up? Anyone excited about anything in particular?

Was. Then they did the whole "fan favorite character locked by paywall " thing. Just because games like Tekken and Ryu from Street Fight are doing it, just doesn't mean that you should as well. It's an icky practice. I don't even like Tira!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, truth be told I might have been interested before they stuck her behind that paywall. I haven't even played a Soul Calibur game with any degree of dedication since 2 so I don't even ultimately use her or care that much about using her. But I do draw the line at supporting any fighting game where they start chopping up the roster and selling it to you piecemeal on top of the cost of the game itself. There's no way that road leads to anything good for the customer.

FFXIV Character

You know, it's really a surprise that they're doing that if Tekken is. They're made by the same company. And I don't really care either way for Tira, so she's not too high a priority. My Dad calls her Tiramisu.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Yes, they've done it with Tekken. I was hoping they wouldn't, but with the season 2 update they've released two legacy characters at 5 bucks each, with 3 more blank slots for characters that have yet to be announced. I wasn't too happy about it, but I did buy them.

I'm probably going to sit out Soul Caliber 6 unless it looks amazing because I also haven't really been into since 2 (I did play 3 a fair amount), and I'm not sure if I want to take the the time to get good at it again. Plus, now that I know they're going to charge me for legacy characters ahead of time, I'll probably just avoid the whole game.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I'll wait for the reviews before picking it up. I used to love the series but IV and V really put me off it.

They're hitting the right notes for me with the single player content, char creation etc., but I'm holding out to see how much actual substance it has. If it ends up being light on the single player side again and just "yet another online fighter" I'll give it a hard pass.

Pretty much where I'm at as well. I'll likely get it but I am not supporting the monetization schemes. I'm not sure how much i buy into the idea that Tira was just too late to add to the base game. If she's the only one they do it with I may forgive them after a while and buy her, but if they start releasing Rock, and Li Long, and stuff as DLC I'll just quit

It's especially sad they openly admitted years ago that it only took this long because the team had an internal feud about whether or not to sexualize Ivy and by how much (more). Compelling maturity over there that artists were stonewalling the game because they wanted bigger boobs when the director was tired of their crap

FFXIV Character

That is kind of sad, I hadn't heard that sort of pettiness was going on. You know, I think it would be even more of a shock to everyone if they actually gave her an outfit that covered everything. Might be a nice change of pace.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn’t play the first five.

I think it would be an insult to them if I joined the party at the sixth instalment.

FFXIV Character

Nah, everyone's got to start the series somewhere. And 5 is kind of being ignored. It was bad, and everyone knew it. 6 is pretty much overwriting it.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Not gonna lie though, if they did a remaster of I-III I would drop bank on it in a heartbeat, throw in Soul Blade as well and my wallet is ready to be emptied.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Not gonna lie though, if they did a remaster of I-III I would drop bank on it in a heartbeat, throw in Soul Blade as well and my wallet is ready to be emptied.
    I agree with this so much.

FFXIV Character

Agreed. Soul Blade was great, would love to see it brought back.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    That is kind of sad, I hadn't heard that sort of pettiness was going on. You know, I think it would be even more of a shock to everyone if they actually gave her an outfit that covered everything. Might be a nice change of pace.
    Her second outfit in SC II did that. At least I think it was 2.

I can't remember how to post images in here anymore I guess. Here's the link. https://goo.gl/images/fKs9ii

FFXIV Character

I forgot about that one. The only covering one that I remember is the gray one from 3, I think?