Thread: Creepy or scary FF Enemies

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Default Creepy or scary FF Enemies

FF is home to weird enemies. But some are just disturbing. Here are a couple.
    fFV: Poultergeist. Poultergeist is creepy. And downright disturbing, as if the disattached head wasnt enough the designer decided to make its face torn off and floating in front. With only a long tongue supporting it. Very creepy.
    FFVI: Cruller. So you may be thinking. Whats worse than a poultergeist. Well Cruller is without a doubt a reanimated pile of intestines and other insides. I think need not say anymore.
    FFVII YingYamg. Finally we have the ying yang. This thing gave me nightmares when i was younger. Just two attached bodies slowly waving back and forth. Also when one dies the other is happy and EXPLODES!!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

While not an actual FF, it takes place in a world that is part of the FF mythos.

quicksilver.gif

What the description doesn't tell you is that when you encounter them there are usually three to five of them and giggle like little children as they swarm in to murder you.

Honestly, I feel FFXII has this one in the bag. If you read the bestiary entries for this game almost every undead being or demonic monster has some backstory that shows you that Ivalice is easily the most crapsack world in the franchise. Monsters that exist through hatred, dragon liches that become that way because they simply forgot they can die, Malboro Kings possess crowns that curse anyone who wears them to transform into one of them, fairy tale monsters that exist because someone transcribed their story onto a magic grimoire that willed them into existence, and don't even get me started on the Espers and their messed up backstories. Seriously, death sucks in Ivalice. It's no surprise that the mind that gave us the Quicksilver above also gave us most of this game's nasty bestiary. Did I mention that the world's creation myth concerns Ivalice being the body of a treacherous god and the races of the kingdom were created to basically eat away at his for all eternity?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Monsters that exist through hatred, dragon liches that become that way because they simply forgot they can die,
    There's my last 2 ex girlfriends

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Those two-headed things in the basement of the Shinra Mansion creeped me the hell out the first time I played FFVII.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Those two-headed things in the basement of the Shinra Mansion creeped me the hell out the first time I played FFVII.
    Yeah... Thats the dreaded yingyang

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    fFV: Poultergeist. Poultergeist is creepy. And downright disturbing, as if the disattached head wasnt enough the designer decided to make its face torn off and floating in front. With only a long tongue supporting it. Very creepy.
    When I read the title, that's what popped into my head. That thing is just wrong.

Also Marlboro's, running through an area with them makes you incredibly paranoid. And they ain't much to look at.