View Poll Results: Do you use two+ of the same character in FF1?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I frequently use two or more of the same character in FF1.

4 17.39%
  • Yes, but only a few times.

14 60.87%
  • No, never thought about it.

1 4.35%
  • No, it makes the game considerably more boring.

4 17.39%

Thread: FF1: Using more than one of the same character

gdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsgdsg

FF1: Using more than one of the same character

Simply put, do you ever use more than one of the same character (i.e, using two fighters, two red mages, etc.)?

I don't. I just think its cooler to have all your battle sprites different, among other things. So what's your choice? I'm interested in hearing all responses.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I see nothing wrong with it. F/F/WM/BM is pretty fun. Right now I'm trying WM/WM/WM/WM. Four Fighters is good too. I just try to take parties that'd be fun. I don't much care if there're more than one of the same character.

Ph3ear my FF1 Mod BlkWiz! Marak's Avatar

I only do it when I decide I want to create a Super Party and buzz through the game - so once in a blue moon I'll make a Fi/Fi/something Party.
    If I'm playing the game normally, with the intent to power up and all that, then I never double up on characters, as I dislike having the same battle sprites and my feelings on the topic are about the same as Moose Knight's.
    Yeah, so, I voted for "yes, but only rarely" or whatever Option #2 was.
    No profanity in sigs please.
    Sigh. What profanity? I quoted Sephex's post from Eyes on Each Other from about a year ago, and any "profanity" in his post was either **** or ***** anyway. Whatever. And you wonder why forum traffic is way down.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

I've only tried a few times. Usually I try to have all different characters.

Also, can someone please change my vote to "Yes, but only a few times"? I accidentally voted for "No, never thought about it". Thanks. =)

I steer away from multiples at all times. I don't know, but there's something that just doesn't feel right about having two or more characters look exactly alike. Whether or not the parties are death machines is not a factor, I just don't like it.

I don't think that if they're the same class, they're the same character, whenever I take multiples of the same class I give each one a different personality in the story in my head, so I never have the same character. That's just how I play the game. So I have no problem with it.

I hate Zelda games Sabin Roni Maxwell's Avatar

I tend to go with What works, if I can make a party go past Lich, then I will take the time to finish it, even if there is more then one of the same type of character in it. my latest game was Ni/Ma/Ma/WW, which was pretty easy after the BB's got to level.10, and even more easy when they got above 15+, it was almost like overkill once I got to level.50
    Vegetarian: an old Indian term for "Bad Hunter"

personally if you use the same character in final fantasy 1 like fighter with a fighter the game pretty much gets boring.
    " is it just me or is it getting hot in here"

Using more than one fighter makes the game a bit to easy in my opinion, however throwing in two Black mages is another thing.
    "Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine."