Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tale of Zestiria anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Sounds like it thinks the second controller is active and the character is semi auto or manual instead of auto. That's the only setting I know. Can be changed in battle of there is a second controller pushing in a thumb stick. Or in the character menu while setting their arts or something
    I don't have a second controller hooked up to my system though.

Edit: Switching to Auto fixed it though.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 10-23-2015 at 08:36 PM.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

He should play Graces first because Pascal.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

sharky is one of those weirdos who seems to like Graces and Legendia more than the others in the series

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    sharky is one of those weirdos who seems to like Graces and Legendia more than the others in the series
    I interpreted that as needed to play Graces first so as to not be disappointed by it later! It's like... Pascal's great... until you see Rita in Vesperia. Returning to Graces after experiencing a better game is like reinstalling Windows Vista, so best to get it out of the way early.

lol Man I hate to trout on Graces so much, but I can't help but agree with that. I had a lot more trouble getting into Vesperia than Graces, however. it takes a lot longer to build up, and you start out with super slow characters until you start learning artes and combos and stuff. The person controlling Yuri gets to have lots of fun. But as a perpetual "player 2" in the Tales games, Carol, and Dog, my god. They are molasses at throwing out combos on the battlefield. It was torture. Estelle was alright, I suppose. But not very fast or offensive. Same with Rita. I had to wait for like ... Raven, or the spear girl before any real action happened on the battlefield

This is NOT a problem in Graces. Or even Abyss. Its been so long since I played Symphonia it may have been a problem back then, but ugh. Vesperia is a great game, and a great place to start, but not as player 2, and in general it is a lot slower than the newer ones, and still may turn off players who are just trying to get a taste test

Sadly I think Graces still has the advantage there. It gives you a lot more to work with to begin with. And Xillia gives you way way way more. Starting out with 2 fast and powerful characters is a godsend

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    He should play Graces first because Pascal.

When Shauna and I play Tales of Graces, I play Mage type characters because why not I've gotta type. Pascal was the one I ended up choosing in Graces and I've never had as much fun flying around the Map and shooting everyhting with lazers before punching the crap outta people with Eefreet.

In tales of Zestria news, We picked it up today. It'll probably be backlog fodder until we're more up to speed with our ongoing games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually really like Graces and Pascal (and I don't like Rita) but yeah, I just feel it doesn't measure up as well as most of the others I've played. Symphonia and Hearts are like top 5 material for me now, Xillia is really up there, Vesperia was great, Abyss was great. Graces was good too just not AS good because the bar is set so high in this series.

I am glued to this game, I keep having to force myself to put it down so I don't become a vegetable. I'm impressed with how consistently the games wow me

I was immensely glued and impressed myself, but something has happened that sullied it for me. Now it's just a really good game rather than how amazing I originally thought it was

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

What happened?

Spoiler it for me

(SPOILER)They removed mine and my girlfriend's favorite character (SPOILER)hence why she gets her own DLC since she was abruptly removed from the game (SPOILER) Rose is not a very good replacement for Alisha

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh that. I already reached that part and I honestly didn't care. (SPOILER)I much prefer using Rose anyway and they remove characters all the time in video games. Heck sometimes they die or they were just temp characters and I believe Alisha comes back at the end

To each their own though. Not saying you don't have the right to be upset, it's just not something that bothers me personally

(SPOILER)Rose is fun on the battlefield. Just that her personality is very tropey and chiche. Which, I know, anime influence, they love their stereotypes and archetypal characters. And there were obvious typical archetypes, but they weren't played very cliché that I was noticing and I liked that. Now that Rose is on the force, nothing is taken seriously. She instigates everyone to pick on each other, so now we have a team of assholes. I liked when Edna was the only asshole. It suited her

But worse than that, Alisha was taken captive, we were threatened that if we didn't win the battle, she could be in real danger. And we won the battle, but under seriously questionable circumstances, which the powers that be may not be very happy about. Alisha (as far as I'm aware at that point in the game) is still likely in serious danger. And nobody even tries to suggest we may want to go check on her. Instead we immediately start traveling the world. So its not just that she was removed. She was swept under the rug, and in doing so, the game immediately became a typical JRPG story instead of something special. I guess I was giving it too much credit. I still love it more than most of the other games in the series. It just had the potential to be something special and somehow it lost that. But its okay lol Just my own personal nit-pick

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah different people have different tastes with that stuff. Like I get annoyed at a lot of tsundere type characters but they're super popular and a lot of people really like them . I do like the cast overall as I was expecting I would. There's been a few Tales games where I look at the cast and I'm like "I don't know about this one..." and then they end up pretty good. Same happened here. I like (SPOILER)Rose's personality just fine, I think she's pretty fun overall. She's defo not my favourite, but I personally think she compliments the cast well.

Hope you don't think I'm arguing, I just am discussing the things with you Not trying to say your opinion is wrong or something! (SPOILER)I mean I liked Alisha fine but she didn't leave a big impression on me so I guess that makes it so I'm less invested. I actually like when they do stuff like this sometimes because realistically in life or death situations, people leave for a variety of reasons and may or may not rejoin. Sorey is also trying to toe the line between being too involved with personal affairs when he needs to focus on the bigger picture, especially since he in particular needs to watch his emotions. I also like that the more romantic potential character (unless I'm misreading that) leaves for a while and your main lady lead is not the romantic interest. And they don't have a super bunch in common. I got a kick out of Rose being all "Nah I don't care about ruins" when I felt like Alisha was just so in to what Sorey had going on and vice versa. But again, that's just personal taste in how I like my storytelling.

I do really like this game, but it isn't my top Top favourite Tales game yet. I'm not super far in yet though so that could change. It wasn't until like halfway through Xillia that it became something amazing, so who knows how this one will progress. Could end up being even better. I did like Lailah's talk about the hero not doing everything for the townspeople and the themes of relying on faith more. As a religious person who gets tired of the whole "religion is evil" theme in everything. The world is also pretty great so far.

Oh when I enter an area and it's all evil and purple and (SPOILER)Rose tells me to GTFO, what's that about? Can I return to those areas later or something?

We ran into a huge cloud of malevolence but no skit or cut scene. We were barely able to walk so we knew to turn right back around. So I'm not sure if those are touched on later out of they are optional like the crucible areas

And I didn't feel like it was an argument. I enjoy when you and I get into a game around the same time frame. We always tend to like and dislike them for different reasons and it's nice to see the other side

So I actually much appreciate your input

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I spoilered some things for myself by accident and found out that (SPOILER)SoreyxMikleo is everything but outright stated

It's nice to get some variety like that sometimes