Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Jessica Jones

Blog Entries

Great show, my only gripe is (SPOILER)the police officer that was sent to kill Trish just happens to be an ex-supersoldier? A bit too coincidental, I would've been more willing to believe it if maybe he was mentioned on the USB stick or something and Kilgrave sought him out to see if he knew anything and when he didnt, sent him to kill Trish
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I haven't had a chance to watch this. I'm hoping this weekend after the thanksgiving rush, I'll have some time. You guys are making me want to see it even more haha

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

do they still say "hell's kitchen" in every other conversation?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Ah, that's what was missing!

It bugged me in Daredevil because the only other thing I've seen set there is Deus Ex. So I assumed it was a fictional Deus Ex place.

Blog Entries

Not really but they do refer to Jessica Jones using her full name a fair bit. Not enough to be as grating as Hells Kitchen though.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

You guys talking about Hell's Kitchen? I grew up in East Hell's Kitchen and attended Hell's Kitchen University with my best pal who grew up in West Hell's Kitchen and went to Hell's Kitchen Medical.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Not really but they do refer to Jessica Jones using her full name a fair bit. Not enough to be as grating as Hells Kitchen though.
    A little bit off topic, but something similar. Tonight on Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, he calls his grandmother. When she asks who's calling, he says "Charlie Brown".

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I just want to take a moment to point out that the first episode's awkward morning after with Luke Cage is an actual comic book reference.

I want to point this out because it is killing me that I have been the only one who caught it.

It is a butt sex reference and I don't feel one bit ashamed being excited about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Just watched the first two episodes today. So far I like Jessica and Luke, and man oh man do they know how to build up their villain. I haven't been so tense seeing an antagonist appear on screen in a long time.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jessica Jones was originally known as Jewel and she wore white. They reference it in one of the episodes. I'm glad they went more chill with her character. She doesn't dress up. It seems more realistic that if a person is as powerful as her but also doesn't want to be bothered wouldn't go around wearing a vigilante costume drawing more attention to the fact that she's a super hero. She's mostly an anti-hero this season. I like her character and excuse her alcoholism because of PTSD but I'm a bit curious to how she's able to survive on a diet of whisky. I liked Netflix's Daredevil but this was better. The writing, the tension, the dry humor. I loved it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yeah, Daredevil was great, but this was even better. I'm hyped for Luke Cage now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think I might have to disown my family. I'm the only one in this house who likes this show.

Finished the series a couple of days ago. Is Jessica Jones getting a second season? Because I really want to see her team up with Daredevil, which I still need to watch.

Although, (SPOILER)it's not going to be the same without Kilgrave. He overshadowed the other characters almost to a fault.

And in hindsight... (SPOILER)Jessica should have let the cop kill himself in episode 3.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    I think I might have to disown my family. I'm the only one in this house who likes this show.

Finished the series a couple of days ago. Is Jessica Jones getting a second season? Because I really want to see her team up with Daredevil, which I still need to watch.

Although, (SPOILER)it's not going to be the same without Kilgrave. He overshadowed the other characters almost to a fault.

I really don't see how any new villain can compare.

And in hindsight... (SPOILER)Jessica should have let the cop kill himself in episode 3.
    Yeah, that guy ended being troutty. I suspect he'll be back. I also disliked how (SPOILER)they just had him kill that black cop for no reason.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post

I really don't see how any new villain can compare.

Yeah, that guy ended being troutty. I suspect he'll be back. I also disliked how (SPOILER)they just had him kill that black cop for no reason.
    Yeah, that was random as smurf. (SPOILER)I thought for sure Kilgrave got to him up to that point, but nope!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I got to watch 15 mins of the first episode this weekend because of so much busy family crap. I'm so jelly of you guys being able to marathon it And thank you for keeping things in spoilers.