Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Jessica Jones

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Marvel's Jessica Jones

Wow. This looks insanely dark. I love krysten ritter and well David Tennant is the bad guy I guess so this should be great. It introduces Luke Cage, another character to get a show and blah blah even more shows ontop of that.

Looks good though. Daredevil was great so i'm confident this one will be too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

That's three former Doctor Who cast members who've played villains in the Marvel Universe.

And if you just want to talk in general, five counting Matt Smith's role in the last Terminator movie and John Barrowman in Arrow. WTF?

I heard David Tennant's character is one of the more controversial villains in Marvel, so yeah. This outta be good.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yeah, the Purple Man is really sadistic. I heard he's going to be toned down in the show, though, as he's insanely powerful in the comics. They're also not making him purple in this; he'll just wear purple.

JJ is also going to be toned down. They're likely to take away her ability to fly.

I wish I had The Netflix so I could watch these shows.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This looks phenomenal.

Why don't I know who Jessica Jones is?

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World View Post
    This looks phenomenal.

Why don't I know who Jessica Jones is?
    I didn't before they came up w/ this.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I liked the trailer. Does Jessica Jones have any notable appearances outside of Alias?

Blog Entries

I'll watch it but is her power really just super strength? I was hoping for something a bit more unique.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

The trailer looked very interesting. Very dark. I look forward to seeing the show itself when it comes out in November.

I also hadn't heard of Jessica Jones before I found out about this show. I don't really mind that, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    I'll watch it but is her power really just super strength? I was hoping for something a bit more unique.
    I think she has some Psionic powers as well.

Blog Entries

I watched the first episode and while the main character didn't fascinate me all too much I am interested to see how the villain pans out.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Watched the first two episodes with Mr. Carny tonight. I have to say, I like what I see so far, even it is is incredibly dark in places. The ending of that first episode: good heavens!

I will say that Jessica Jones is at times almost stubbornly brooding. I was watching her just have almost zero people skills for the majority of both episodes. Maybe that is something that she'll work on over the course of the series but it can get annoying, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Watched the first two episodes with Mr. Carny tonight. I have to say, I like what I see so far, even it is is incredibly dark in places. The ending of that first episode: good heavens!

I will say that Jessica Jones is at times almost stubbornly brooding. I was watching her just have almost zero people skills for the majority of both episodes. Maybe that is something that she'll work on over the course of the series but it can get annoying, for me.
    It was nice watching something new with Formy for a change: most of the time it's me introducing him to shows I've already seen!

I'm really enjoying it so far. And actually, I like her lack of people skills. I loved the bit in the second episode when she went upstairs and half-strangled the women who was making a racket. Without wanting to sound like a psychopath, I've had neighbors who I've wanted to do that to.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm up to episode 5. I love this. I think I like it more than Daredevil.

Episode 5 spoiler (SPOILER)I really wonder what Kilgraves want with those photos of Jessica. From what I know of the character, I'm guessing he's masturbating to them.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

This show is great. It pulls off a dark tone even better than Daredevil (or any other superhero show/movie for that matter). I think my only real complaint is a striking lack of sideplots, as the show is very villain-centric -- but when that villain is David Tennant, it isn't that much of a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Formy
    I will say that Jessica Jones is at times almost stubbornly brooding. I was watching her just have almost zero people skills for the majority of both episodes.
    That's kinda the point. She's a rude, antisocial alcoholic. I consider that a refreshing change of pace to the superhero stereotype.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Formy
    I will say that Jessica Jones is at times almost stubbornly brooding. I was watching her just have almost zero people skills for the majority of both episodes.
    That's kinda the point. She's a rude, antisocial alcoholic. I consider that a refreshing change of pace to the superhero stereotype.
    I do like it... at times, but there are times when I just think it's overdone. It's probably just me: everyone else seems to love her character. And don't get me wrong, I do love her character, I just get tired of the constant lack of sociability annoying, at times.