Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez: Former Disney stars gone erotic

I think they should care. I want people to care. They should know that this music is inappropriate for children. If you pay close attention to these lyrics, you will see that these songs are inappropriate for children. There should be a public service announcement about it. If we don't do anything about it, it's only going to get worse!

And when I hear this music being played everywhere, in a way, I am being forced to listen to it.
    Is that your final answer?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I personally believe that parents need to be responsible for their children, teach them about the world, rather than shield them from everything. It doesn't do much good, kids will be exposed through this stuff anyways, generally through peer groups, but I mean, it's just part of life. There's nothing wrong with sitting down with your child and saying "what these people are saying and talking about, it's something they're choosing to do as adults who are old enough to make these decisions." And answer any questions they have. Just like you can explain why blowing up bad guys while skydiving in your car is okay in a movie but a terrible idea in real life. There are a ton of learning opportunities in these things that are good for kids. Now I'm not saying you should explicitly give these things to your kids, but putting them in a bubble a) doesn't work and b) can be detrimental to their development

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You still didn't answer my question that Demi Lovato posed, Sup. What's wrong with being confident? What you may find wrong could be considered normal by literally everyone else. Don't slutshame.
    Last edited by Freya; 11-18-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Well, good for her for being comfortable in her own skin, but I still don't see the need to bare it all.

And parents should only expose this music to children in small amounts, and not in large quantities. It should not be excessive.

Blog Entries

"Okay Eric, you can listen to The Chronic, but only Lyrical Gangbang"

there was a picture here

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

While we're on the topic, let's say, hypothetically of course, that I have a four year old in my life.

What do you think the appropriate amount of metal would be at their age?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whatever amount of metal is slightly below more than all of the metal and above less than all of the metal.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Analysis Country music?

I am slick.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    I think they should care. I want people to care. They should know that this music is inappropriate for children. If you pay close attention to these lyrics, you will see that these songs are inappropriate for children. There should be a public service announcement about it. If we don't do anything about it, it's only going to get worse!

And when I hear this music being played everywhere, in a way, I am being forced to listen to it.
    Plenty of things are inappropriate for children, but that's why they have parents. Do you need your parents still?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Can I ask for all of Manus' posts to be combined into a thread of their own? I don't really care about anything else in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post

Plenty of things are inappropriate for children, but that's why they have parents. Do you need your parents still?
    No, I don't, but if parents overexpose their children to this music, they'll become desensitized to it, and may start swearing. Would you want your children swearing up a storm? I wouldn't. That's why I would say that exposure to this music should be limited. And while I am against outright banning anything, I do believe in relegation.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

smurf. Well, trout. We shouldn't let them smurfing swear.

It IS regulated. Which is why you complain about the parental advisory labels.

Articles
    Blog Entries

There are worse things kids can get into than swearing. Like bullying other kids, bullying animals, being a prick (which doesn't require profanity), lie, steal, cheat, break things, murder the house cat and drown it in a tub of acid they got from Grandpa Lincoln -ahem-

They're just words. And I'm pretty sure there are songs out there advocating much worse than nudity and some naughty words.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Considering how much I smurfing swear I'd be the last smurfing person to smurfing judge my little trout brained cock suckers if I shat any out one smurfing day.

But I won't because I hate kids.