Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez: Former Disney stars gone erotic

Default Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez: Former Disney stars gone erotic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confident_(album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reviva...a_Gomez_album)

We've seen it before with Miley Cyrus, and then with Nick Jonas with his solo album, and now with Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez, who both go erotic on their new albums, Confident and Revival, respectively.

Demi Lovato's new album, Confident, features her wearing a racy top and underwear on the cover, and it also has a Parental Advisory sticker on it. I had a feeling that her new album would have a PA sticker on it, because she drops an F-bomb in her new song "Cool for the Summer." She also recently posed nude for a photo shoot. Maybe she's a little too confident. I went to a shopping mall yesterday and visited FYE, a store that sells music, movies, and video games, and I went looking for her new album, and sure enough, as I expected, her album had a PA sticker on it.

Selena Gomez's new album, Revival, however, to my surprise, did not have a PA sticker on it. I was expecting it to have the PA sticker on it because I saw the cover for the deluxe edition of her new album on the internet a few weeks ago, which features her posing nude, although the standard edition's album cover features her fully clothed, and in her new song, "Good for You," which features rapper ASAP Rocky, the aforementioned rapper drops an S-bomb in his verse. Despite this, apparently, none of her other songs contain profanities, although I haven't heard the rest of the album yet, and I've recently discovered that apparently, an album only receives a PA sticker if a song contains the F word in its lyrics; otherwise, it does not receive a PA sticker.

It just goes to show you that apparently, explicitness is the norm in music today, and that also apparently, Disney stars have a history of going bad when they grow up.
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 10-26-2015 at 05:12 PM.
    Is that your final answer?

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I take it you haven't seen Spring Breakers.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    It just goes to show you that apparently, explicitness is the norm in music today, and that also apparently, Disney stars have a history of going bad when they grow up.
    These artists may be showing a little more than is to your taste but that doesn't mean they have gone "bad".

EDIT: Although to be fair, I haven't listened to either album. They could be very bad.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nudity is really not the worst thing in the world you know. Heck people could learn to accept their bodies more and stop feeling so ashamed of them.

I don't really listen to their music but they are both adult women and they can sing about whatever they want to, I guess.

Blog Entries

Going erotic. Not even once.

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't find a rapper called A$AP Rocky saying the word trout to be all that erotic but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    I take it you haven't seen Spring Breakers.
    I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard about it, and I know that Selena Gomez is in it, along with Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Benson.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Maybe she's a little too confident.
    how dare she

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

It just goes to show you that apparently, explicitness is the norm in music today, and that also apparently, Disney stars have a history of using the classic marketing technique of "sex sells" to further their career and maintain relevance when they grow up.
    I adjusted your statement a little. There's nothing new to this.

As has already been pointed out, showing some skin or singing about certain subjects doesn't make someone a "bad" person. If anything, in situations like this, it just makes them a smart business person because that's what sells. There's far worse things than a fully nude person.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    It just goes to show you that apparently, explicitness is the norm in music today, and that also apparently, Disney stars have a history of using the classic marketing technique of "sex sells" to further their career and maintain relevance when they grow up.

As has already been pointed out, showing some skin or singing about certain subjects doesn't make someone a "bad" person. If anything, in situations like this, it just makes them a smart business person because that's what sells. There's far worse things than a fully nude person.
    Yes, sex does sell, but there's a difference between regular sex and explicit sex, which is sex that is sleazy and uses shock value, and what these stars are engaging in is sex that shocks and is sleazy. I don't mind sex, and I actually like it, as long as it's done decently. The problem is that it's done indecently; it's indecent exposure.

Blog Entries

difference between regular sex and explicit sex
    So that's what I've been doing wrong all these years

there was a picture here

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post

Yes, sex does sell, but there's a difference between regular sex and explicit sex, which is sex that is sleazy and uses shock value, and what these stars are engaging in is sex that shocks and is sleazy. I don't mind sex, and I actually like it, as long as it's done decently. The problem is that it's done indecently; it's indecent exposure.
    Well that's like... your opinion, man.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

What do you define as decent sex, SuperMillionaire? Let's say theoretically I have a friend who enjoys the idea of Demi Lovato farting onto a walnut and then Selena Gomez putting said walnut into her ear while they both wear one piece swimsuits and bonnets. Is that decent or indecent sex?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I don't mind sex, and I actually like it, as long as it's done decently.
    Don't we all...

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Demi looked hot as smurf in the Cool for the Summer video, and I LOVE Selena's Good for You.

I've actually been waiting for you to bring up Demi Lovato for some time, you're a bit late really!

SuperM, were you ever a child? Were you ever an innocent child? Have you had sex recently? Said a curse word? If so, how dare you not be a child anymore! I used to be a kid too and now I work in a sex shop, someone arrest me!