View Poll Results: What Order Should You Watch the Star Wars Movies In?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prequels first, then original trilogy (chronological order)

    2 11.11%
  • Original trilogy first, then prequels (order the films were made)

    5 27.78%
  • One of those fancy new orders you see around the internet

    3 16.67%
  • Chuck the prequels, just watch the original trilogy

    6 33.33%
  • Other?

    1 5.56%
  • MIX IT UP, GO FULL RANDOM, #YOLO #SWAG #420 #BLAZEIT #R2D2

    1 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: What Order Should You Watch the Star Wars Movies In?

  1. #1
    (charm)anders was right Pike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Circle Tower :shifty:
    Posts
    18,596
    Articles
    13

    FFXIV Character

    Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

    Dancing Chocobo What Order Should You Watch the Star Wars Movies In?

    This is a matter of some debate among hardcore fans. Some people even propose alternating them! http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/star-war...-wars-marathon

  2. #2
    Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    The Miami of Canada
    Posts
    5,516
    Articles
    81
    Blog Entries
    4
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

    Default

    Just watch Episode One on repeat for 24 hrs. Afterwards, see a medical professional.

  3. #3
    Sh♥tposter Extraordinaire Jinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,508
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    14

    FFXIV Character

    Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)

    Default

    IV, V, I, II, III, VI
    mfw you post

  4. #4
    Resident Critic Ayen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Posts
    13,160
    Articles
    12
    Blog Entries
    76

    Default

    Nowadays I just stick with the original trilogy.

  5. #5
    Ogre Araciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Waterdeep
    Posts
    9,423

    Default

    probably just watch the og non-special edition trilogy.

  6. #6

    Default

    I just do IV, V, and VI

    But supposedly people really recommend IV, V, II, III, and VI and to just completely throw I away.



  7. #7
    Slothstronaut Slothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I'm in space
    Posts
    13,195
    Blog Entries
    27
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Nowadays I just stick with the original trilogy.
    This.

    But if you do watch the prequels it is perfectly acceptable to ignore episode I since nothing that happens in it is overly important to anything that happens after, I trout you not. But you'll also avoid a lot of bad cgi and plot holes of you don't watch the prequels at all.

  8. #8
    tech spirit
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Virgo supercluster
    Posts
    17,920
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    2

    FFXIV Character

    Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Chronological. That way,the movies get better and better the more tired of watching Starwars you get. Watching the best stuff first, then the prequels, I would eventually just go "uuurgh smurf this trout, i'll go do something else, they're not that good anyway"
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

  9. #9
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Nowadays I just stick with the original trilogy.
    This.

    But if you do watch the prequels it is perfectly acceptable to ignore episode I since nothing that happens in it is overly important to anything that happens after, I trout you not. But you'll also avoid a lot of bad cgi and plot holes of you don't watch the prequels at all.
    Am I the only one who thought that Phantom Menace was the best of the prequel films? Jar Jar Binks is one of the most annoying characters ever, but I just blank him. Attack had that tedious, overwrought and stupidly angsty romance plot, and Revenge upped the angst to an even more unbearable level.

  10. #10
    Sh♥tposter Extraordinaire Jinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,508
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    14

    FFXIV Character

    Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post

    Am I the only one who thought that Phantom Menace was the best of the prequel films?
    Yes.
    mfw you post

  11. #11
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jar Jar Jinks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post

    Am I the only one who thought that Phantom Menace was the best of the prequel films?
    Yes.
    Of course! Now I see that Attack and Revenge were masterpieces! How could I have been so blind?!

  12. #12
    Sh♥tposter Extraordinaire Jinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,508
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    14

    FFXIV Character

    Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar Jar Jinks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post

    Am I the only one who thought that Phantom Menace was the best of the prequel films?
    Yes.
    Of course! Now I see that Attack and Revenge were masterpieces! How could I have been so blind?!
    That's not what I said. They're awful movies. But you're the only one who thinks Phantom Menace was the best prequel.
    mfw you post

  13. #13
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,304
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jar Jar Jinks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar Jar Jinks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post

    Am I the only one who thought that Phantom Menace was the best of the prequel films?
    Yes.
    Of course! Now I see that Attack and Revenge were masterpieces! How could I have been so blind?!
    That's not what I said. They're awful movies. But you're the only one who thinks Phantom Menace was the best prequel.
    I think he was in jest.


  14. #14
    Taking care of business Cid's Knight Bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Shmocation
    Posts
    9,649
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    IV - V - VI - The Podrace from I - II - III

  15. #15
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jar Jar Jinks View Post
    That's not what I said. They're awful movies. But you're the only one who thinks Phantom Menace was the best prequel.
    They most definitely are bad movies. I just think that Phantom is the least awful. Clearly, I'm the only one, and I'm fine with that.

    Didn't mean to be rude!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •