Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Hunger Games Marathon!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I saw Mockingjay Part 2 on Thursday night...

It was good, though it felt...quite a bit more dark and gritty than the other films, so much so that it felt out of it's element at times.

The ending was semi-satisfying. I mean I'm glad that (SPOILER)Katniss and Peeta finally got to be free together in the end and live out a normal and free life back in their home never having to worry about another games or fighting for their lives in a dystopian nightmare again but I really hated that (SPOILER)Primrose and 90% of all the supporting characters died, and that Katniss ended up hating Gale in the end and I also hated that the ending didn't go the way the first three films made it appear to be going, showing the (SPOILER)consequences and aftermath of a failed revolution rather than a full blown WAR IS BAAAAAD moniker that we've seen a billion times before. I also felt like the producers really took (SPOILER)the lazy way out with the closing scenes, where rather then actually giving us a glimpse at what life was like a couple decades later in a post-games, post dictatorship Panem, we got Katniss in an empty field having an inner monologue.

I still enjoyed it though and can't believe three years flew by so fast. I'm sad that it's over, though not nearly as sad as I was when Harry Potter was over.

All in all, I'd have to say that Catching Fire is still my favorite of the four films.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Agreed with Catching Fire. Mockingjay Part-2 has become my second favorite of the bunch, though.

Mockingjay Part-2 SpoilerI was super upset about Prim. Didn't even know I cared about her that much until she blown away. It will never be okay. Katniss breaking down was a real tear jerker. As it should be. The trout she went through in the Hunger Games ended up being in vain.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Mockingjay Part 2

The most tragic thing about Prim's death is that the entire war started BECAUSE OF HER. Katniss did it to keep her sister safe. I think it's pretty safe to assume that the citizens of Panem would've revolted again eventually--and probably sooner rather than later--but it all started because Katniss volunteering for Prim because of her love of her sparked hope in a downtrodden people.

Yeah, you could say technically the thing with the berries is really what made people want to be more than just a pawn, but even by putting her sister's life over her own, Katniss refused to play by the rules of the Capitol.

And then, to top it all of, Prim is killed by the "good" guys. There's really no winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.