Thread: Wandering Into Your Doom

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Wandering Into Your Doom

I actually quite like FFII. I think it feels more open in gameplay than most other games of this era. The character advancement is fun as well.

However, this game is the easiest to walk into a high-level areas and get yourself absolutely demolished by a Gigas on your first visit to Fynn whilst level-grinding. Anyone else have this problem?

Blog Entries

yeah in the first bit I just walked west a little ways and got owned. It took a while to figure out I needed to go east. Anyways it's not really my favorite FF.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy II is so weird. Your stats actually go up when you unequip your weapons and go bare fist. I was doing so much damage in the earlier stages with my hands monsters were running away FROM ME!

But yeah, I got in some high level areas by accident. Status alignment are more unforgiving in that game, too. You can't afford too many missteps.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'm just posting in this thread to say that I LOVE THIS GAME and I need to replay it... maybe I will do this after my current backlog is finished, and after NaNo is finished, and after the holidays are over.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just fired this bad boy up yesterday for the first time. Actually really enjoying it so far! The levelling weapons and magic reminds me a lot of Secret of Mana. It makes a nice change from the standard levelling system. I agree that it's very easy to walk into a fight you're not equipped for. I was levelling up at the start outside Altair and went to the bottom peninsular and got absolutely creamed in seconds. A similar thing happened when was heading to Semitt Falls. Walked too far West and bam! Dead. I've learned pretty quickly to make sure I save often.

Just come out of the Bafsk Sewers after watching the Dreadnought take off. Gonna head back to Poft now and speak the original Cid!