Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4: Dog. Dog never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    One thing Bethesda totally needs credit for is eventually being able to put bullet resistance in clothing. And you can rock out the rest of the game wearing your favorite business suit and bowler hat with just as much (if not more) damage resistance than the actual armor
    You do that with armorer's perk?
    (SPOILER) Its a bonus for one of the Railroad quests(SPOILER)DIA caches assigned by PAM

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah nice, because I already don't wear any armor, just the general's uniform, because I think it looks absolutely stupid. The entire idea of modular armor, no matter which one, it always looks silly.

Like you said, I just want to wear a duster, or a suit, and not look bloody ridiculous while I play. Perhaps that is due to me not being part of the MMO crowd, whom are used to ridiculous looking armor.

I'm alright with the modular armor options for the most part. Sad that light leather and light synth armor are the least ridiculous looking but I enjoy the concept. But I too much prefer to look good and will go way too long without changing armor if the options are too ugly. And thank goodness I was able to upgrade all that starting leather. But one major problem with that was there was only like five outfits you could wear under modular armor. And only a couple of those looked decent to me

But in a Bethesda game I've gotten used to having a field outfit for fighting and a casual outfit for safe zones. And generally I can't wait to find a town and walk around in normal clothes. If only the game were balanced properly to suit these problems. If you face a Triggerman in the wild he takes a hundred shots to take down with just a suit and hat. But if you try it you're dead in two hits lol

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

sharky and I just got this. He will play first but I am excited for character customization!

I feel so sad for the babies though

Can I create a character without it autosaving?

I'm not sure where the first auto-save is. You can likely turn auto-save completely off in the settings at the main menu before starting. But it auto-saves to your account, so if you're worried about it having an effect on him, his saves on his account would be safe

Not sure what you mean about the babies though :3

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The little boy at the beginning :o

Also, we just use the same account, so >.>

I'll see about turning auto-save off, saving a separate file, and then switching it back on for him. I think auto-save is it's own separate file

Hopefully

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

actually having modular armor with moddable pieces is cool & good, hth

Auto saves and quick saves are shared and over written. But the game knows when you have multiple characters on the same profile and the real saves are named after them. So just do a manual save as needed and you'll be okay. If Bethesda were nice then everything would be separated by character. Just like good ol' BioWare games

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry, I just get paranoid because I accidentally overwrote his FO3 save file when I was just goofing around and I tried to be super careful and everything.

Also, if I reject doggy, can I get him later?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't even remember if you can reject him. He disappeared on me early on and I don't know where he is anymore honestly.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I know it's fine to do that (why would you though!) because you need him in the main quest, and there's a little scene if you don't already have him as a friend.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was watching sharku play and his legs got crippled and he was bleeding and whining and I almost cried and I cant deal with that

So I wanted to wait until I get strong in the game so I can properly protect and care for my doggy friend

I know it sounds stupid but Im seriously tearing up again now. Realistic graphics are going to be the death of gaming for me

OK, I'm not THAT far along yet, but some problems with this game that kind of drive me insane:

I'm in stealth and blow the head off a Raider. The guy next to him looks around briefly, and then is like "man, I must be seeing things." Blow his head off. The third guy is like "I need to settle down, I'm imagining stuff out here." Blow his head off. 4th guy is like "well, guess I'll settle in for a nap." Really?? In 2015, this is how far AI has come?

I've explored nearly a quarter of the map. I can count the total number of humans I can interact with in actual dialogue in that entire region on basically one hand. Why is this wasteland so devoid of life? It's basically a giant combat game so far (with kind of bad combat).

I went into a grocery store. This grocery store stopped operating over two centuries ago. I go to the shelf and find some melons and immediately start eating them. Yum! Why does EVERYTHING in this world scream "the bomb just went off last month"? It seems like virtually every locale is designed that way. How many skeletons are really going to be sitting in the spot they were in when the bomb hit, clothing and weaponry still all in-tact, 200 years later?

Also I wish my character's tone EVER lined up with the dialogue options I was trying to pick.

The intro sequence is a 2/10 quality at best. It's atrocious.

EDIT: I forgot my actual favorite moment of the game so far, character creation. My husband kept constantly telling me how beautiful I look. "Have I ever told you how great your lips are?" etc etc. While this is happening, I'm in the process of adding more and more scars and bruises. He's eventually praising me profusely as I look like someone found a ghoul, decided they were too nice-looking, and beat the trout out of them even more.
    Last edited by Spuuky; 12-09-2015 at 06:47 PM.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    I went into a grocery store. This grocery store stopped operating over two centuries ago. I go to the shelf and find some melons and immediately start eating them. Yum! Why does EVERYTHING in this world scream "the bomb just went off last month"? It seems like virtually every locale is designed that way. How many skeletons are really going to be sitting in the spot they were in when the bomb hit, clothing and weaponry still all in-tact, 200 years later?
    I don't care how much radiation it got, if deviled eggs still even resemble eggs in any form after 200 years I would be severely surprised.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I was watching sharku play and his legs got crippled and he was bleeding and whining and I almost cried and I cant deal with that

So I wanted to wait until I get strong in the game so I can properly protect and care for my doggy friend

I know it sounds stupid but Im seriously tearing up again now. Realistic graphics are going to be the death of gaming for me
    Dogmeat is a dog of war. I stimpacked that fella, and he continued with tearing out throats.

I'm not really sure to do with the power armor now. It has 300 rounds left in it, and it's very low on power. So I parked it at the Red Rocket Garage (anyone else find it funny that the dog was waiting at the Red Rocket? Dog? Red Rocket? Anybody?).

I didn't see another fusion core in the caves below the garage, but I mean, there has to be one there. That's the point of the cave.

EDIT: Can I put armor on Dogmeat? I want to be able to armor the dog badly. He'll look like Cringer.