Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Thread: Fallout 4: Dog. Dog never changes.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can remove that radiation by scrapping everything in the little pit, but I'm pretty sure it only affects you.

Wouldn't surprise me if it does something, but I don't think settlers can die when you're around. The fact you can get a radiation gun makes me think radiation can work on AI denizens of the waste, but I don't imagine it's going to do anything to them while you're away, and they don't die when you're there, they just take a seat when low on health. But yeah. Like Vivi, I just scrapped everything around that little pool and put a water purifier in it and everyone was happy

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I just don't want to come back to a village of feral ghouls because those jackasses kept hanging out by the pool instead of tending to their corn.

I can't imagine that happening, but that would actually be a pretty awesome game mechanic if it did lol

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am not good at this game. I'm on super easy mode and I still keep dying every 5 steps. I'm really not having fun like I want to

Its sadly not very rookie friendly. Or casual friendly. My girlfriend plays on easy as well in the hopes she can wear whatever she wants in the wastes. And she is actually a fallout veteran, but the game isn't designed to be played that way. She doesnt die a whole lot but it does tend to frustrate her to no end. The game kind of dmands you use good armor and find yourself a nice small gun that doesn't use a lot of AP and abuse VATS in cmbat. Shoot people in the arms so they cant hurt you as easily. Shoot ghouls in the legs so they cant run at you. Put all your points in agility and perception for better combat stats. The game really expects you to start out in a couple of crtain ways, or youll be fighting it your whole time in the begnning. A lt of people have an easier time dedicating themslves to mlee, if that helps. Then you only have to worry about strength, and you can carry more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Its sadly not very rookie friendly. Or casual friendly. My girlfriend plays on easy as well in the hopes she can wear whatever she wants in the wastes. And she is actually a fallout veteran, but the game isn't designed to be played that way. She doesnt die a whole lot but it does tend to frustrate her to no end. The game kind of dmands you use good armor and find yourself a nice small gun that doesn't use a lot of AP and abuse VATS in cmbat. Shoot people in the arms so they cant hurt you as easily. Shoot ghouls in the legs so they cant run at you. Put all your points in agility and perception for better combat stats. The game really expects you to start out in a couple of crtain ways, or youll be fighting it your whole time in the begnning. A lt of people have an easier time dedicating themslves to mlee, if that helps. Then you only have to worry about strength, and you can carry more.
    I can only say it a part of learning to be a bomb player. But in my mind, Fallout 4 was better than Fallout 3 but still pretty bad in a lot of ways. New Vegas imo will stand as the best in the series with Fallout 2 coming second. Honestly I can New Vegas wasn't rookie friendly in itself, but I still killed it on hardcore. Due to experience and conserving supplies. Took what I needed what I needed, not what I wanted. If I wanted I'd store someplace safe and when I needed more ammo or supplies then I went for it. Just so you know, Fallout was never rookie friendly. Unless you count Fallout 3 but with mods that game quickly reminded me of New Vegas. It usually expected you to already know what to do if you read the manual or you learned by hitting whatever key and know its function. You may say it expects you start out in a couple of certain ways. But I don't think any rpg or "Action shooter with rpg elements" would expect you to start out a certain way. You juts have to choose carefully in where you want to allocate your skills and learn the advantages and disadvantages of what could happen. In the case of better combat stats, you could always avoid combat if it's possible. Or be a more technical character if you allocate points into intelligence. But then again.......

That dog brought us so many hours of...um...joy? I still can't hate that little buggy thing <3