Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4: Dog. Dog never changes.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Which is why they shouldn't have bothered with the kid thing at all.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I didn't mind the kid thing - it's enough of a motivation to start looking around and exploring. But then the kid thing has absolutely no relevance to the ending so.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    I haven't played the game yet and probably won't now because I had the ending spoiled for me the day the game came out.
    If you're playing any Bethesda game for the main story line then you're doing it wrong. They're all terrible.
    Guess that explains why I've never played one more than a few hours before getting bored.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Mildly shameless, but I just posted a bit on comparing Fallout 4 and New Vegas in terms of immersing oneself into the games world.

http://blacktridentmedia.com/2015/11...ethesda-title/

My phone won't open that page but I've watched Bunny Hop make arguments about that on YouTube as a reason to outsource the material back to Obsidian and others to infuse more diverse life into the series

But wouldn't it make more sense to compare Fallout 3 and Fallout 4? Since New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda. Just published by them. Obsidian has a lot more pedigree and experience. And Skyrim was realistically Bethesda's first AAA game. There's lots of fun facts about them growing up. Like how one guy did all the dungeons in Oblivion. I think Obsidian had a leg up working on licenses to start out with real writers and story coaches from the Dungeons and Dragons world. Bethesda just started out as fans of that stuff. They're still learning. And I'm honestly not sure they have like trained novel writers on staff even still

I could be completely off base though

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If you want to compare 3 with 4, then sure it improved in that it's not saying Brotherhood Good, Enclave Evil, you must be Brotherhood. But if you compare the regular quests, open ended quests where moral choices are involved such as Megaton, Tenpenny Tower and Oasis aren't really surpassed.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Funny because I don't particularly like any of those quests all that much. Although they are decent by Bethesda standards.

If there's one thing I don't like much about 4 it's how much the stripped down dialogue system limits the options for some real moral dilemmas.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would feel the same but it's been a long goddamn time since I've expected any of that from Bethesda, so I don't really care.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pretty much the same with me honestly. It only disappoints me looking back on New Vegas, but Fallout 4 is still better than any game from Bethesda I've played since Morrowind so I'm not complaining about it much.I genuinely enjoy most other aspects of the game so that combined with low story expectations has led to me being quite pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    My phone won't open that page but I've watched Bunny Hop make arguments about that on YouTube as a reason to outsource the material back to Obsidian and others to infuse more diverse life into the series

But wouldn't it make more sense to compare Fallout 3 and Fallout 4? Since New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda. Just published by them. Obsidian has a lot more pedigree and experience. And Skyrim was realistically Bethesda's first AAA game. There's lots of fun facts about them growing up. Like how one guy did all the dungeons in Oblivion. I think Obsidian had a leg up working on licenses to start out with real writers and story coaches from the Dungeons and Dragons world. Bethesda just started out as fans of that stuff. They're still learning. And I'm honestly not sure they have like trained novel writers on staff even still

I could be completely off base though
    The developer really isn't the issue, so it's not really to important that it was a different dev.

And the fact Obsidian has had more experience isn't really relevant either, I mean Bethesda has done how many of these open worlds before Fallout 4? Six? They've had enough experience here that I dont' feel the need to cut them any slack.

The core of what I talk about apply equally to both games, and further more a lot of the issues I had with Fallout 4's set up applies to 3, even if I feel 4 did better. New Vegas serves as a much better contrast for the comparison then 3 would in this regard.

Mind you, I'm not talking about the actual plots or quests in the article, I'm going over things that make Fallout New Vegas easier to get invested in then Fallout 4.

(For the record though, I did enjoy playing through Fallout 4 a lot. I got my moneys worth out of it. )

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've heard a lot of talk about the stripped down dialogue system in this game. What do you guys make of it? I do hear plenty of chatter about people actually disliking the game.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aaaaand I've been sucked into this game. I haven't been playing very long, I'm only level 20. And I totally messed up in the beginning with my perks. I pretty much applied them all to Strength Perception Endurance and Charisma up until level 15. I somehow didn't realize you could pick the perks below those yet. On the other hand tho, I make everyone my bitch. Except deathclaws. I have yet to even see one except in Concord.

I don't really do the storyline stuff. Haven't been to Diamond City yet. About to take the Castle back.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

My Dweller lost his wife and kid... He popped out of the vault, got a pet dog, sold his wedding ring, then started bangin' wasteland broads. He now owns land all over the place, is an epic EPIC sniper/scavenger/scrapper/builder.

One thing Bethesda totally needs credit for is eventually being able to put bullet resistance in clothing. And you can rock out the rest of the game wearing your favorite business suit and bowler hat with just as much (if not more) damage resistance than the actual armor

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    One thing Bethesda totally needs credit for is eventually being able to put bullet resistance in clothing. And you can rock out the rest of the game wearing your favorite business suit and bowler hat with just as much (if not more) damage resistance than the actual armor
    You do that with armorer's perk?