Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4: Dog. Dog never changes.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

There is special armour you can get for him, usually from Raider dogs. You can also give him welding goggles and bandanas.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I was watching sharku play and his legs got crippled and he was bleeding and whining and I almost cried and I cant deal with that

I know it sounds stupid but Im seriously tearing up again now. Realistic graphics are going to be the death of gaming for me
    No, don't, It'll get me too. I was watching Mr. Carny play a Tomb Raider game and visibly cringing as he cheated death by escaping the 'wall crusher trap of doom'.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    There is special armour you can get for him, usually from Raider dogs. You can also give him welding goggles and bandanas.
    That may work. I wanted to give him glasses I found, but I couldn't.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    I'm in stealth and blow the head off a Raider. The guy next to him looks around briefly, and then is like "man, I must be seeing things." Blow his head off. The third guy is like "I need to settle down, I'm imagining stuff out here." Blow his head off. 4th guy is like "well, guess I'll settle in for a nap." Really?? In 2015, this is how far AI has come?
    This is how far Bethesda AI has come. Honestly, given their utterly pathetic coding skills I'm surprised I haven't run into a major game breaking glitch every five seconds.

That ... became a meme in Skyrim. It's part of Bethesda's charm. And sadly you may be in the minority for disliking it. The opposite would be even worse. I have enough trouble with people immediately knowing where I am and having amazingly perfect accuracy for automatic-weapons. If there was no way to snipe someone's head and then dodge around the corner where they couldn't see me, if they instead came running to where the noise was, I imagine they'd be programmed simply to just know where you are and swarm you. Which, again, would make stealth useless outside of maybe that one kill. But I have a .50 cal. weapon that does almost 100 points of damage, and has a bonus to do twice that much when the opponent is at full health, and a sneak attack doubles that. I should be pushing out about 400hp of damage on that first hit, and almost never is it more than just a quarter of their full health bar

Then again I play on harder difficulties, and Bethesda is notorious about not balancing out their difficulty, and this could likely be remedied through better programming rather than just amping up the numbers associated with enemy damage and armor classes and not gimping my own numbers

But again, I imagine it's made by the same core 20 dudes or so who made Oblivion, except now they're probably a big enough studio where each guy has 2 or 3 subordinates, but its still the same core programming and ideas going in

I was honestly afraid the game wouldn't be Bethesda enough. I still find all their faults charming, and their glitches are amusing. We may not go into Assassin's Creed expecting this stuff, but I pretty much demand it out of Bethesda. (And Volition, and sometimes BioWare) I like charm. Plus being perfect would be too expensive

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I started my own game. Not very far at all yet. I do like my character though!

Big pimpin

Articles
    Blog Entries

Seeing other people play Fallout 4 make me want to play Fallout 4, but I do not have Fallout 4.

Maybeh I can steal it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    That ... became a meme in Skyrim. It's part of Bethesda's charm. And sadly you may be in the minority for disliking it. The opposite would be even worse. I have enough trouble with people immediately knowing where I am and having amazingly perfect accuracy for automatic-weapons. If there was no way to snipe someone's head and then dodge around the corner where they couldn't see me, if they instead came running to where the noise was, I imagine they'd be programmed simply to just know where you are and swarm you. Which, again, would make stealth useless outside of maybe that one kill. But I have a .50 cal. weapon that does almost 100 points of damage, and has a bonus to do twice that much when the opponent is at full health, and a sneak attack doubles that. I should be pushing out about 400hp of damage on that first hit, and almost never is it more than just a quarter of their full health bar

Then again I play on harder difficulties, and Bethesda is notorious about not balancing out their difficulty, and this could likely be remedied through better programming rather than just amping up the numbers associated with enemy damage and armor classes and not gimping my own numbers

But again, I imagine it's made by the same core 20 dudes or so who made Oblivion, except now they're probably a big enough studio where each guy has 2 or 3 subordinates, but its still the same core programming and ideas going in

I was honestly afraid the game wouldn't be Bethesda enough. I still find all their faults charming, and their glitches are amusing. We may not go into Assassin's Creed expecting this stuff, but I pretty much demand it out of Bethesda. (And Volition, and sometimes BioWare) I like charm. Plus being perfect would be too expensive
    Why do you assume you should be doing 400 damage, and that you aren't? Enemies surely have armor, for one thing. They certainly never "magically" hit me with automatic fire, they usually miss.

I've been playing exclusively on Survivor/Survival/whatever the highest difficulty is called. Stealth is stupidly OP. No one can ever find me unless I want them to, under normal circumstances. I killed every Raider in Corvega, for instance, without being seen once (yes, it's very early and was a while ago); at that point, in one hit with an unmodded rifle. They react to the direction of sound so poorly, and give up so easily.

I killed a Behemoth at level 10 by standing inside a bus and just unloading all my ammo into it. I killed a Deathclaw by standing in a doorway it couldn't pass. Everything is as easy as I feel like I want it to be. I killed a Yao Guai in the open by hopping back and forth over a tiny, invisible fence which it had to run around even though it was ankle-height. I walked to the north and opened a gate and it just said "you can't go this way" because that's the edge of the map and we said so.

Not-exactly-related, I wish so much that this game was made by Obsidian instead of Bethesda.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I am bad at this game. I didn't go to the gas station because I wasn't ready for dog. And then it said complete anyway, and I am worried dog will be gone.

400 on the first shot in sneak mode. Assuming the sneak multiplier stacks with the guns special multiplier. I'm around level 40 and the toughest enemies are around my level. I have the perk to see their damage resistance which is rarely over 60 so either they have five times as much HP as me, or my attack is magically getting gimped, or bonuses don't stack. They all make sense. Just wish I knew which

Enemies nailing me consistently with spray and pray is pretty ridiculous though. But I switched to survivor difficulty recently and its not actually more difficult than very hard. It seems way more balanced. Sure med packs take their time but I also don't die in three hits like I was in very hard. I managed to stand my ground against three legendaries and a named enemy all around my level decked out in heavy combat armor and plasma weapons. Which was previously borderline impossible

I also don't quite get as much utility out if sneak because I always have a companion and they typically get caught first so I can't spam it quite as effectively since they invariably lead the bad guys to me..

It won't change how the game plays but if you want more challenge I'm almost positive very hard is harder than survivor difficulty for some reason

But yeah. Obsidian is pretty busy but it seems possible they can give them the engine for another go. We can hope. I did love New Vegas way more than 3. But I can't pretend Bethesda didn't learn from Vegas. There are crops now lol

Edit: Dog is required for an early story mission in Diamond City where even if you aren't using him he magically appears. Almost positive if you can't find him he'll show up then. So no worries

Enemies in Survivor are statistically stronger than in Very Hard and have the same AI.

I died noticeably more frequently in very hard. Wouldn't be surprised if one or the other is glitched and not working properly on the platform. I imagine you're on PC. Perhaps survivor is nerfed on PS4

I do play the PC version, I cannot speak to the console versions, but "officially" nothing about Survivor is easier. Yes, it wouldn't be too surprising if things were bugged.

It would be more surprising if they weren't bugged to be honest.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So sharkson wants to know about something. He built his HQ like place and his people keep stepping in to the irradiated area. Does this matter at all? He tried building a fence but they would just spawn inside of it