Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4: Dog. Dog never changes.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Red Exclamation Mark Fallout 4: Dog. Dog never changes.

So it's here and I'm listening to Ride of the Valkyries as I stomp through a bunch of Raiders in my nice new Power Armour. smurf. Yes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

For a dog neither see black nor white. They see different shades of gray. For it is through the eye of dog that we realize just how ugly the world truly is.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Cannot wait to play this game. Im not watching videos though as that may spoil. But yeah. Psychotic have a fun time going psycho in the wastelands lol

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's true. It's very true.

There's a lot of cool stuff in Fallout 4 as well as a hell of a lot of problems. I'm trying to figure out at the moment if a) the sneaking mechanics are awful, b) my sneaking skill is just too low, or c) I am terribad at sneaking.

The rest of my thoughts tends to go something like this:

"Man, this system is really cool!"
    "Still, I wish the interface for this system wasn't so bad."
    "Oh, I found a bug with this system..."
    "Man...this bug is really cool!"

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A and B both. Sneaking in Fallout is not nearly as good (or intuitive) as in the TES series, but once you get to a decent enough set of skills, it ends up easy enough anyway.

Jesus Christ the control scheme is terrible on PC.

That's really my only major problem so far. I'm not all that taken with the plot yet, but I wasn't exactly expecting Bethesda to knock it out of the park with that. I really feel like it would have been more effective to not have the brief scene where you randomly wake up in the cryopod for a moment to see Big Dramatic Events occur - the confusion of waking up without any knowledge at all seems like it would have helped the atmosphere a lot, and wouldn't have actually needed anything since that I have encountered to change.

Also important: There is a trader who lives in a little shack with several cats (at least four) and he has pictures of cats on the wall. He also has four little cat-sized graves, which could be sad, but I choose to imagine they lived long and happy lives with their daddy and died at a respectable age

Cat Trader.jpg

He's just a guy who loves cats! It's like if I really lived in an atomic wasteland. Anyway, my power armor ran out of juice nearby so I just dumped it there for the time being. I like to imagine he uses it to defend his kitties if raiders come by.

Yay! I need to go find this guy asap :3

I've figured out what my other big big big problems with this game are after a few hours of a 'vague empty feeling that I couldn't quite place'. Firstly - the conversation system is way too simplified. I really like that my character has a voice now - I feel like she's an actual person for the first time ever - but I hate how I can no longer revisit the conversation tree or have more than four things to ask. Wanna ask an NPC details about their life story? Well, you probably can't.

Secondly... minor skills are gone! No longer can you solve problems by passing a [SCIENCE - 45%] check. The only tools you have are shooting, sneaking and general 'charisma' to get new conversation options.

I do like the item modding though. I've named a my 10mm pistol 'Highwind' and am going to town with its upgrades. I also like how you can now put different bits of armour on different parts of your body.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sharkson and I are hoping for a PS4 Christmas bundle with Fallout 4. We're saving up the monies for a PS4 since the library is building in to a decent amount of games we want, but we'll only be able to afford one game at first. I think we decided on Fallout 4 because it interests both of us. I am excite

Although I kind of want Darth Vader PS4 :/

Articles

I want to bang Piper to teach her a lesson so I'm being nice to people to impress her but it's really tough not being sarcastic and/or demanding more caps for doing odd jobs for people

#postapocalypticworldproblems

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Man I don't even know why but I want to shove it so far up Piper's troutter she can taste it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is sounding kind of... rapey...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I want to bang Piper to teach her a lesson so I'm being nice to people to impress her but it's really tough not being sarcastic and/or demanding more caps for doing odd jobs for people

#postapocalypticworldproblems
    Right.To teach her a lesson got it.

Articles

Operation Romance Piper has hit a slight... snag. There we were, trekking through the ruins of downtown Boston and were making our way down a tight alleyway. The alleyway emerges into a road and... gasp! A Super Mutant is standing right in the road. Ruh roh. Luckily the rock brained curr hasn't spotted us so I start slowly backing up and think myself pretty clever for avoiding this peril. Then, suddenly, I stop moving backwards. In fact, I am being pushed forwards. ...Piper. Piper no. Stop. Stop this at once. God damnit Piper I am going to teach you ALL the smurfing lessons if you do not back the smurf up

And then I'm face to face with a Super Mutant.

I've played myself many hours of the old Bethesda blasty shooty RPGs. I know my way around a Mutant fight. At this moment, though, I am paralysed. I had no idea what to even do. The mutant seemed equally bewildered by the sudden presence of a man in the world's best ever smurfing hat and just stood there. Piper, of course, broke the silence and charged forwards, plinking away with her pistol. That spurred our foe into life and he started to let rip too. My brain still wasn't working and on instinct I hurled a molotov onto the pair of them and took off running. I heard Piper scream - the subtitle even said something like "Ayyyyyyorrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh" - and then an explosion, presumably the car the mutant was next to exploding.

That was about half an hour ago and I haven't seen Piper since.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can companions die in this one? They couldn't in New Vegas obviously but when I went back to replay 3 I was rudely awakened to the reality that companions die and die easily.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You're still gonna bang her, aren't you?