Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts III?

Default Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts III?

Will Final Fantasy characters return in Kingdom Hearts III? They haven't made cameo appearances since Birth by Sleep, when Zack appeared. Out of all the characters, though, the characters I want to see most of all are Lightning, Serah Farron, and most especially Tifa Lockhart, and in her case, in this outfit:

Is that your final answer?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Dream drop had SE characters in it from The World Ends With You. It's kind of KH's thing to feature SE characters. Tifa was already in KH in her Advent children outfit so I doubt they'll put her in her old outfit.

Lightning will probably show up somewhere in KH3 since she had so many games, she's kind of a bigger deal in the FF universe so I wouldn't be surprised if several XIII characters are in KH3.

Zidane and Garnet fit.
    And Bartz.
    And Faris in Port Royal.
    Lightning fits always.
    Terra should be here as well. They can just call her Tina, she would be anyway in the Japanese version.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Zidane and Garnet fit.
    And Bartz.
    And Faris in Port Royal.
    Lightning fits always.
    Terra should be here as well. They can just call her Tina, she would be anyway in the Japanese version.
    It'd be pretty awesome to see a lot of the old favorites.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Nanaki, Quina, Terra, Cecil, Lulu, and Balthier are personal picks I'd wanna see.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm weird in that I don't want anymore FF characters to appear. KH is mostly its own thing now, with Disney being the most important after that (which I like), and any FF cameos are usually too short and unsubstantial to be satisfying. And if they're bigger and just take over the main plot, that's also lame. The TWEWY characters were actually incorporated quite well, though.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If anything, I wouldn't mind Gilgamesh appearing as a super boss and maybe some other ff cameos in that same vein. It could be cool to have some other characters or even summons appear in the Colosseum. Other than that, I don't really want more ff characters. I'd rather more screen time going towards the original kingdom hearts characters and giving a fitting conclusion to this arc of the story.

Always wanted Cecil Harvey to appear in the series, with the whole light/ darkness thing, it seems almost a given. Also hoping for somebody to replace Sephiroth- Kuja maybe.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I'm weird in that I don't want anymore FF characters to appear. KH is mostly its own thing now, with Disney being the most important after that (which I like), and any FF cameos are usually too short and unsubstantial to be satisfying. And if they're bigger and just take over the main plot, that's also lame. The TWEWY characters were actually incorporated quite well, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    If anything, I wouldn't mind Gilgamesh appearing as a super boss and maybe some other ff cameos in that same vein. It could be cool to have some other characters or even summons appear in the Colosseum. Other than that, I don't really want more ff characters. I'd rather more screen time going towards the original kingdom hearts characters and giving a fitting conclusion to this arc of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Always wanted Cecil Harvey to appear in the series, with the whole light/ darkness thing, it seems almost a given. Also hoping for somebody to replace Sephiroth- Kuja maybe.
    These all pretty much all say what I wanted to say on the matter. The FF cameos were always gimmicky and flat. I wouldn't mind a Cecil cameo but I'm cool if this stays to mostly Nomura creations, though I'm sure Lightning will make a cameo in KHIII cause she's the new Cloud and has to appear in everything SE does anymore.

Beyond that, the main cast and story have overtaken the whole "FF meets Disney" gimmick and it would be better to drop the pretense and just write an actual good story, especially since KH:3D was jumping into silver age comic/fanfiction territory.

FFXIV Character

Joel Figaro (Phoenix)

Would be good to see some more ff characters, 9 would fit perfectly with the KH theme! Should throw some summons in the colosseum as Well As!
    Never a dull moment with a baked moogle, Kupo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Dream drop had SE characters in it from The World Ends With You. It's kind of KH's thing to feature SE characters. Tifa was already in KH in her Advent children outfit so I doubt they'll put her in her old outfit.

Lightning will probably show up somewhere in KH3 since she had so many games, she's kind of a bigger deal in the FF universe so I wouldn't be surprised if several XIII characters are in KH3.
    I don't want Tifa to wear her Advent Children outfit again. That outfit is uuuuuggggglllllyyyyy. LOL. I would prefer a brand new outfit, but if not, then either her classic outfit or her Crisis Core outfit.

And Lightning, Serah Farron, Yuna, Rikku and Paine too.
    Is that your final answer?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Yuna, Rikku and Paine too.
    They're already there as the fairies though. KH is a game that children are going to play because of the Disney characters and SE can't make them too sexual.

Sora stabbing his chest with his very own keyblade in a suicide like fashion seems to be okay though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They're already there as the fairies though. KH is a game that children are going to play because of the Disney characters and SE can't make them too sexual.

Sora stabbing his chest with his very own keyblade in a suicide like fashion seems to be okay though.
    Remember kids, violence and blood will always be okay.
    But sex and swear words? That's where we draw the line!

In America anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post

In America anyway.
    'MERICA !

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post

In America anyway.
    Bubbles and stars appear when you hit an enemy in KH, it's about as non violent as a hack n' slash can get.

KH3 is one of the major entries so I fully expect to see Leon, Cloud, Yuffie etc. They are part of Sora's story in a big way and it wouldn't feel like a Kingdom Hearts game without them. As far as new people, I'll echo people who have said lightning will appear, probably one or two others from the XIII universe as well. It'll be interesting to see if they get the adult treatment or get reworked to become kids a la Tidus, Seifer and Selphie.