Thread: Fynn's Final Fantasy Fmarathon

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sorry this has slowed down, guys. Some stuff has happened, and combined with me taking part in NaNoWriMo for the first time and replaying FFTA on the side, I didn't really have time to play FFVI this week, but I'll try to make some progress this weekend!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I saved Cid for the first time ever. All this time I thought everyone on the internet was trolling me but no, you can actually do it!

That said, the scene is much more powerful if he dies, so I kind of regret it now

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    So I saved Cid for the first time ever. All this time I thought everyone on the internet was trolling me but no, you can actually do it!

That said, the scene is much more powerful if he dies, so I kind of regret it now
    That scene with Celes...
    That and the Opera scene are two of the most powerful moments in this game.
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS3)

Favourite FF games: FFVI; FFXII

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I agree. So I'm kinda pissed that I missed it Why the hell even let people save Cid?

So anyway, playing very very slowly right now (sorry ) but I managed to recruit Sabin! I'd never noticed the person who warned you about the petrifying monsters at the house, so that was mighty helpful! I managed to get the kid and all the treasures, so that's cool!

Went to Mobliz and met Terra. I always liked this part and how fulfilled she seemed with those kids. There was always something incredibly touching how in this ruined world this woman managed to find the purpose and love she so longed for before.

AND THERE'S A FRIGGIN' CHOCOBO STABLE SOUTH OF MOBLIZ! HOW IN THE SEVEN HELLS DID I NOT KNOW THIS FOR SO MANY YEARS!!!

Yeah, I agree. So I'm kinda pissed that I missed it Why the hell even let people save Cid?

So anyway, playing very very slowly right now (sorry ) but I managed to recruit Sabin! I'd never noticed the person who warned you about the petrifying monsters at the house, so that was mighty helpful! I managed to get the kid and all the treasures, so that's cool!

Went to Mobliz and met Terra. I always liked this part and how fulfilled she seemed with those kids. There was always something incredibly touching how in this ruined world this woman managed to find the purpose and love she so longed for before.

AND THERE'S A FRIGGIN' CHOCOBO STABLE SOUTH OF MOBLIZ! HOW IN THE SEVEN HELLS DID I NOT KNOW THIS FOR SO MANY YEARS!!!
    Just out of curiosity, how much time did it take to catch the right fish to save Cid? Cause I remember it not being that easy... I agree about Terra. I really like the way they chose to develop her need for love, instead of just making her a love interest for someone else. Plus the Celes-Locke relationship is already predominant, so another one would have been redundant imo.
    FF games played so far: FFIV; FFVI; FFVII; FFX; FFX-2; FFXII; FFTA; FFXIII Trilogy

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can't remember exactly how long, but yeah, it took a while. It definitely helps that in the steam version the fish are much larger and clearly visible, so it's easier to see the fast ones.

Can't remember exactly how long, but yeah, it took a while. It definitely helps that in the steam version the fish are much larger and clearly visible, so it's easier to see the fast ones.
    Didn't know that, that's pretty useful actually.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, made some progress yesterday.

That tentacle fight was one huge trainwreck. I literally survived by sheer dumb luck since Sabin was the only one left alive and for some reason the tentacles hurt themselves whenever they took him hostage and had no one else to hit. Still, got it on my second try. So I got Edgar back, saw the Figaro flashback, and went on to grab Setzer and made quick work of Darill's tomb. With the airship I went to grab Terra, so nowI have five people. I'm thinking of grabbing Mog and Umaro first, but Narsge turns out to be a pretty big deal when it comes to difficulty.

So who do you guys think I should pick up next?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Also, is it just me, or does the Decisive Battle take more than a subtle cue from the Overture to the Phantom of the Opera?

Okay, made some progress yesterday.

That tentacle fight was one huge trainwreck. I literally survived by sheer dumb luck since Sabin was the only one left alive and for some reason the tentacles hurt themselves whenever they took him hostage and had no one else to hit. Still, got it on my second try. So I got Edgar back, saw the Figaro flashback, and went on to grab Setzer and made quick work of Darill's tomb. With the airship I went to grab Terra, so nowI have five people. I'm thinking of grabbing Mog and Umaro first, but Narsge turns out to be a pretty big deal when it comes to difficulty.

So who do you guys think I should pick up next?
    I'd pick up Locke (if you haven't done that already) or Cyan. The scenes involving these two characters are also very good: the moment when Rachel tells Locke to let her go and to love Celes with all his heart, and when Cyan was trying to comfort that widow (was it a widow right?) were particularly sweet.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was actually thinking of saving Locke for last, considering you need to beat a three-party (or was it two-partu) dungeon to get to him. Just got Mog and am going to get Umaro, but I will get Cyan right after that, though!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, just got Umaro!

Man, this game is suddenly tough when I don't grind spells on everyone!

Articles
    Blog Entries

You do the Cave in the Veldt quest and then afterwards bet the dagger you get late in that dungeon in the coliseum. Provided you saved him on the Flying Continent, of course.