Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CLOUD IN SUPER SMASH BROS CONFIRMED

I will definitely be buying a Cloud Amibo then, the only others I bought were pikachu and Kirby because I'm a sucker for the cute characters lol Does it already show what his moveset is like? Because when I first heard the news I remember thinking "Oh please don't let his moveset be another generic swordfighter moveset like the fire emblem crew"

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I...

Is this...

Huh.
    My thoughts exactly.

In either case, MGS Solid Snake actually did appear on Gamecube, and the earlier Metal Gears were also playable on Nintendo consoles. Cloud hasn't been on any Nintendo console... yet. I'm partial towards a NX version of the FF7 remake.
    Sigh...

As someone said: Theatrhythm, Chain of Memories. Those are games that exist. With Cloud in them. On Nintendo systems.
    Filthy spinoff titles.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Lord Sigma View Post
    Cloud looks like a very potent character based on the trailer, but we'll see once he's out in the wild. It looks like his special set is Cross-Slash (B)/Blade Beam (Side-B)/Climhazzard (Up-B)/Finishing Touch (Down-B) with Omnislash as his Final Smash.

I do have to hand it to Sakurai on this one; absolutely nobody I know saw this coming, and he managed to keep it under wraps until the official reveal.
    So, how does the Limit system work for him, then? It looks like he deliberately charges it, and then gets buffs to all of his other attacks and specials. I think that has to be one of the special moves.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Who has appeared in more games? Cloud or Lightning? Cloud has the clear age advantage but they've really been pimping Lightning in the last decade.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Who has appeared in more games? Cloud or Lightning? Cloud has the clear age advantage but they've really been pimping Lightning in the last decade.
    Answer honestly, Del:

Is there any RPG character in history with more recognizability and greater iconic status than Cloud?

That, I think, is what put him in the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I just wanna know when I can download him already!
    By gawd, Fynn! Cloud is a human being with thoughts and feelings! Not some personal boytoy you can download on your iPhones and play with! Have you no decency! >:0

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Man all the brand loyal trout flinging that's currently taking place as a result of this is enough to make me hate that it happened.
    I like Kung-Fu.

> Cloud in Smash, psssh yeah right. Nice try interwebs, this is clearly a Never Going To Give You Up video.

> Oh my words, it's real ! I don't believe it ! Cloud Strife is in Smash ! I love Cloud ! Cloud ! Cloud in Smash ! Today is truly a glorious day ! Oh my ! So many childhood flashbacks heading back ! Cloud Strife in Smash ! I love Cloud ! CLOUD STRIFE !And look at all the details, like Cloud being seasick in the Zelda boat ! Bless. Bless Nintendo. I don't believe it. Cloud Strife, in smash !

> ehhh

> .... I wish that it was Squall or Zidane instead.

People playing Smash: Who the hell are Squall or Zidane?

An analysis of moves, animations, references, the stage, and other details from the reveal trailer.

Though I'm pretty sure they got several of the specials wrong.

I just bought Atelier Sophie for 86€. Now I have to spend another 50€. You have done it again, Japan.

P.S.: Good job. Finally not only Mewtwo and Link but a guy who gets the job done and does not lose his princess in 20 games.