Thread: Will Monster Scaling Become an Integral Part of Final Fantasy XV?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Post Will Monster Scaling Become an Integral Part of Final Fantasy XV?

On the official Final Fantasy XV forums, members of the development team have replied to a couple of fan questions regarding the upcoming game.

One question asked if a gambit system will be returning for Final Fantasy XV for the party members' AI and AI programmer Prasertvithyakarn Prasert responded, “We have created a system for FFXV where the player can decide the battle style that they and their comrades use, although this takes a different form to the gambits in FFXII. This will be revealed at some point in the future so look out for further information.”

In addition, a fan also wanted knowledge about any monster scaling mechanic given the size of some enemies in this entry and what was seen in the E3 2013 trailer. Yuji Kenichiro, Lead game designer and combat planner replied, “There is a gameplay mechanic where you can debilitate enemies by destroying parts of their anatomy and it plays an important role in battle. It is possible to make these kinds of attacks against specific areas on gigantic monsters by either striking them directly using the warp ability or by positioning yourself by the enemy’s vulnerable spots using parrying actions against their attacks.”

This was just a tad bit more information regarding the battle system of this game, but it is interesting. How far will AI system go in Final Fantasy XV and just how grandiose could taking down large monsters become?

Source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/1...gambit-system/

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wait by scaling do you mean how large will enemies be? That's a different thing from what "scaling" is in RPG terms, where it means adjusting the level of the enemy to match your character/party

I want to fight things so big that they make Shadow of the Colossus look small time.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Scaling as in like climbing / scaling a building. I'd hope they incorporate this in some way. When you're fighting the Behemoth in Episode Duscae it's boring just slashing at it legs. Interesting to see that we'll be able to pin point enemies weak spots to bring them down.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>