Thread: I'm technically not new

Post I'm technically not new

But this is my first time logging in over five years (or at least my last post was five years ago), so let's pretend I am. *ahem*

Not sure why I'm back here. I guess the recent announcement of cloud in smash reminded me that Final Fantasy existed, and I used to visit this forum semi-frequently when I was playing FF games often. Now, I just don't have the money for a ps4, FFXIV monthly fee (or is it every three months?), and the myriad of FF spin-offs. Even so, I'm back?

so basically Cloud in smash-->oh right FF exists-->oh right I used to go to FF forums-->I might as well see what's going on.

so here I am.

What's new?

Was this quina smiley always here?

so hi everybody I probably don't recognize.

Edit: at least I think this is the forum where you post introduciton threads? if not... whoops.

Blog Entries

Welcome back! Enjoy your stay!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zora View Post
    Edit: at least I think this is the forum where you post introduciton threads? if not... whoops.
    You're already a fast learner, you catch on fast!

Welcome back Zora! I was like you, a not-quite-newbie-but-kinda-am. I re-joined a few years back, and I'm still ticking.

What have you been up to in the space of five years?

Oh, and as is obligatory for all newbie/kinda newbie threads: What's your favorite Final Fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    You're already a fast learner, you catch on fast!

Welcome back Zora! I was like you, a not-quite-newbie-but-kinda-am. I re-joined a few years back, and I'm still ticking.

What have you been up to in the space of five years?
    Went to college, got a bachelor's in physics, and going into a master's program until i can get some cred for a Ph D program.

so basically, an education in oh what am i doing with my life?

Oh, and as is obligatory for all newbie/kinda newbie threads: What's your favorite Final Fantasy?
    IX, followed very closely by VI.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hai. I'm one of the newbies who joined after your absence. You can call me Master Ayen. Resident Critic.

Welcome back!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Went to college, got a bachelor's in physics, and going into a master's program until i can get some cred for a Ph D program.

so basically, an education in oh what am i doing with my life?
    Looks about right. At least Physics sounds impressive! I'm doing my final year of my undergraduate myself, in Sociology. It's really a contest of who'll get employed first, really.

Also, good choices with choice of game. I take it the more recent FFs didn't really take your fancy?

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

Also, good choices with choice of game. I take it the more recent FFs didn't really take your fancy?
    It isn't that, i just basically never had a console to play FF games since I lost access to my parents' PS3 blu-ray player (I moved out). Past that... where their any notable releases on (3)DS and PSP besides spin-offs? The only ones that come to memory are Crisis Core, Theatrerhythm, and Crystal Chronicle games.

FF Explorers looks interesting, but only because it has multiplayer so maybe my SO and I could play that when he's far away. Which is most of the time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, there's Bravely Default, which really feels much more like FF than any of the XIIIs

So since we're talking about our activity, mine was weird, since I joined in 2006 as a high school kid and did post a bit but I've kind of flown, uh, under-the-radar for most of that time I've resurfaced about four years ago, so think?

Anyway, hi

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Welcome back to the fold!