Thread: Square Enix's Jump Festa 2016 Lineup

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Post Square Enix's Jump Festa 2016 Lineup

Square Enix has just revealed their lineup for the anime, manga, and game expo Jump Festa on their Japanese website. The lineup includes the following games:
    Dragon Quest Builders
    Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3
    Dragon Quest Monster Battle Scanner
    Star Ocean 5
    Hoshi no Dragon Quest
    World of Final Fantasy
    Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8
    Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna
    Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

Dragon Quest Builders and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 will be the two playable demos at the expo. Kingdom Hearts has a strong history with the Jump Festa expo so Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 is to be expected, but Kingdom Hearts III is noticeably absent along with Final Fantasy XV and Nier Automata. Jump Festa 2016 will be taking place on Dec 19 and Dec 20 of this year. What games are you most looking forward to getting information for?

I'm most excited about Star Ocean and World of Final fantasy ^^

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm interested in hearing more about the new material in Kingdom Hearts 2.8.

The absence of the two upcoming SE games everyone cares about is annoying, but unsurprising.
    I like Kung-Fu.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have no idea what most of these are, especially the Final Fantasy spin-offs. Are they spin-offs? I'm guessing so, based on the titles.

Kingdom Hearts II.8 just sounds silly. How many times can you re-release the same title on current-gen systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Kingdom Hearts II.8 just sounds silly. How many times can you re-release the same title on current-gen systems?
    They've re-released remastered versions with extra content of all Kingdom Heart games on PS3 in just 3 games (1.5, 2.5 and now 2.8) to gear up for Kingdom Hearts 3. It gives people a chance to catch up without having to buy 4 different [old] systems. I honestly don't see anything wrong with this.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Exactly, but I'd assumed ver. 2.5 would've been all the "re-release with extra content" they'd need: an HD remaster, crammed with the extra stuff from the various International/Final Mix/handheld/Disco Monkey Special Edition versions. It just seems strange that they'd just come up with an extra 0.3-worth of content to justify another re-release ahead of KH3.

Articles
    Blog Entries

They're probably just doing it to give fans something to play while they continue working on KH3.

I feel I'd be more excited for Dragon Quest and Star Ocean if I actually played any of those games.