Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

Thread: FFVII Remake Gameplay Trailer

Articles
    Blog Entries

Pfft, Square. Trying to tell a story in a visual medium through visuals. What's the matter with you? Next you're going to give us scenery to let our surroundings sink in or something.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I always thought of Cloud's physical strength as secondary to the displays and progress of his mentality throughout FFVII.

Rather, I believe the story of FFVII to be journey of Cloud's mentality: initially under a false pretence he can maintain a sense of power and influence on the party, followed by a break characterised by physical weakness and coma, before finally going through a sense of healing and reparation which ends on a note of catharsis.

So how strong Cloud is really isn't the point. I see nothing wrong with Cloud having realistic musculature.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I always thought of Cloud's physical strength as secondary to the displays and progress of his mentality throughout FFVII.

Rather, I believe the story of FFVII to be journey of Cloud's mentality: initially under a false pretence he can maintain a sense of power and influence on the party, followed by a break characterised by physical weakness and coma, before finally going through a sense of healing and reparation which ends on a note of catharsis.

So how strong Cloud is really isn't the point. I see nothing wrong with Cloud having realistic musculature.
    And all of that is true. But it still is the story of a loser who can do the impossible.