Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I don't mind any of this.

I'll be happy with any changes as long as they leave the Compilation nonsens out of this.
    *waits for Genesis, Deep Ground, and the Legendary Turk to make cameos in the next trailer.*
    Kitase actually said in an interview a little while ago that none of the new characters introduced in the compilation will be featured in this game.
    If you're talking about this interview from Famitsu. He never said anything about the Compilation, which technically would be "old" characters seeing how it's been ten years since that fiasco started. He simply said no "new characters" which looking at ports and remakes of other JRPGs, it tends to be trendy to shoe-horn in a new character to mix it up for old fans. So I would say its still a possibility this game will tie into the Compilation unless you're referencing a different interview.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I was intrigued but now I'm full-on excited. Hell yes I'm stoked. The battle system looks more action-y but it doesn't feel like it's all that different otherwise based on the like...30 seconds of footage. Excitebikes!

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

It looks so goooooood!!!!!

This has exceeded my expectations completely, I for one wanted an Action based system and they seem to sticking very loyal to the story. Pretty much all the dialogue is ripped straight from the original from what I can tell!

Development video featuring Yoshinori Kitase, also according to him the game isn't completely action-based

Reddit makes an interesting point re the battle system: There is a 'Defend' command at the bottom of the menu. Now that would be quite an awkward position for such a command in a full action RPG... imagine having to scroll down to 'Block' in The Witcher 3.

Blog Entries

I think it looks great, I can't wait for it. A few of my friends are all pissed off saying it looks like a Michael Bay movie. But, whatever, I just want more FFVII in my life.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    I think it looks great, I can't wait for it. A few of my friends are all pissed off saying it looks like a Michael Bay movie. But, whatever, I just want more FFVII in my life.
    Man, even FFXIII doesn't deserve that kind of insult.

Edit: It's official. My cousin, who hates Final Fantasy VII with a passion, likes how the remake looks more than FFVII fans (the ones complaining on places like Youtube and the likes). That is seriously messed up.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Man, even FFXIII doesn't deserve that kind of insult.
    Yes it does.

I've also decided I really don't like Wedge's VA. He sounds like he just hit puberty. Barret is voiced by the same guy who does Jet Black on Cowboy Bebop so I'm pretty happy about that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought Wedge sounded pretty squeaky. He's only around at the beginning of the game so no biggie.

Biggs also isn't quite how I imagined him, but his voice I'm fine with.

I have a friend who really loves RPGs but never liked Final Fantasy. Type-0, XV and the VII remake are the first ones he's been interested in because he enjoys real-time combat.

Although he does also like Persona, which is turn based, so I dunno what's up with that.

Either way, they're gonna lose some people who were really attached to the old system, but at the same time they're going to bring in new people - like my buddy - who couldn't get on with it.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

maybe they're going for a parasite eve thing, where your location matters but it's still atb?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    maybe they're going for a parasite eve thing, where your location matters but it's still atb?
    Ooh! That would be cool! I loved how you could run around during a battle on Parasite's Eve.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

So let me get this straight. The fanboys have been demanding for years that Square remake FFVII and now that they're finally doing it said fanboys are pissed off because Square are remaking FFVII.

That's almost as dumb as hating a game based on a couple of minutes of trailer footage.

So hyped ! It looks so amazing ! Hopefully we get to see some Tifa and Aerith next trailer ! As for the battle system, it looks grand, and this is coming from somebody who despises the action rpg battle systems. Lmao at Barret's sunglasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I don't mind any of this.

I'll be happy with any changes as long as they leave the Compilation nonsens out of this.
    *waits for Genesis, Deep Ground, and the Legendary Turk to make cameos in the next trailer.*

I am so pumped for this I don't even. It looks amazing, especially considering it's early development! I don't care if they completely change the battle system, as long as they make it unique in the series but still offer those nostalgic feels.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."