Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVII Remake Gameplay Trailer

I really love that gameplay trailer. I can't wait to play the game!

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I'm not that bothered about these alleged fanbois complaining, they will bitch and moan, but they will still probably buy the game, if not then meh, idc if some idiot decides not to play it, not like it will make any difference to me lol.

Trailer of course, looks amazing, really hyped

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

bravely-default-us-esrb-3dsjpg-464c85.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/31...rethink-jrpgs/

"Oh, wow, this game sold fantastically by staying true to its roots and sticking to what made JRPGs the beloved genre they once were. Our attempts to push things that appeal to a mass audience while ignoring the core demographic have failed utterly (see Hitman Absolution)! Because of these, we're going to stay true to the heart of our genres in our AAA games from now on!"

"You guys wanted this turn-based game remade for years? Here you go, take this action RPG (in a market already glutted with them) instead! Sure, the combat system will ruin the pacing of the game, destroy the original systems people love, and will ignore the core audience of JRPG fans. But that's nothing, just wait until you see Genesis in the Shinra mansion!"

Vote Skyblade for Most Dramatic Member Ciddie!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    So let me get this straight. The fanboys have been demanding for years that Square remake FFVII and now that they're finally doing it said fanboys are pissed off because Square are remaking FFVII.

That's almost as dumb as hating a game based on a couple of minutes of trailer footage.
    I don't think you got that straight.

The fanboys have been demanding for years that Square remake FFVII and now that they're finally doing it said fanboys are for the most part ecstatic.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Thinking about it, one other little concern I have about changing the battle system is will we get the proper battle music and victory fanfare? Will Cloud do his little 'let's decapitate everyone within 6 feet of me' dance?

I would miss all those small things if they didn't feature in the remade system. If you're playing heavily on nostalgia - and an FFVII remake is about as far down that road as you can get - those little touches are important!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

might be reserved for boss fights, or other extraordinary encounters

i hope they have arrangements of the normal battle theme based on where in the word you are

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Thinking about it, one other little concern I have about changing the battle system is will we get the proper battle music and victory fanfare? Will Cloud do his little 'let's decapitate everyone within 6 feet of me' dance?

I would miss all those small things if they didn't feature in the remade system. If you're playing heavily on nostalgia - and an FFVII remake is about as far down that road as you can get - those little touches are important!
    Maybe they could do what they did with FFXII and use the victory fanfare after you've defeated a boss.

Also, amazing trailer! I can't wait to see more gameplay of the other party members! The ONLY complaint I have so far is Wedge's VA. Everything else looks on point!
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 12-06-2015 at 03:17 PM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    i hope they have arrangements of the normal battle theme based on where in the word you are
    That's a nice idea, I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle
    The ONLY complaint I have so far is Wedge's VA. Everything else looks on point!
    VAs will be interesting. So far they seem to be sticking to the Advent Children cast where applicable, but I really hope they get Andrea Bowen for Aerith. I loved her in Crisis Core, but Mena Suvari was so unsuited to the part I don't think I could stand her all the way up to the end of disc 1. (And yes, I am always going to use disc number as a measurement point )

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yes, PLEASE bring back Andrea Bowen, she was so perfect!

Also, I think this is as good a place as any to say this, but I love that really subtle Southern drawl that Steve Burton brings into Cloud

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Personally I'm not loving the way the battle system looks. The voice acting is okay. Wedge sounds horrible, Jessie sounds kind of weird too.

But all said, I'll still buy the game when it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

and what's why they're remaking it

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post

Maybe they could do what they did with FFXII and use the victory fanfare after you've defeated a boss.

Also, amazing trailer! I can't wait to see more gameplay of the other party members! The ONLY complaint I have so far is Wedge's VA. Everything else looks on point!
    That's what the combat reminds me of! XII! Cause you can see them switch between characters. It feels like XII and kindgom hearts

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

that's a combination i can live with

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Talking of XII, I'm really intrigued to see how Square Enix handle the character management system in the FFVII Remake. I wasn't a fan of Gambits, but I admit that the system was very deep and gave you complete control! Maybe too much control for my liking...I was awful at setting Gambits >.>
    I can't see it being as deep as that, though. The Materia system is pretty simple
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>