Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: FFVII Remake Gameplay Trailer

And this is why Square will always know Final Fantasy better than the fans that ignore them.

They even made Barret cool.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The combat looks great, but as I am not dependable when playing Action RPGs, I would appreciate a slowing time mechanic so you can think about your next action more. The reason why I loved Mass Effect so much was because I could literally pause time so I can concentrate on my next move. Any system that would make it more 'user-friendly' would make me happy.

Otherwise, it looks good! I'm excited for a trailer that showcases areas outside Midgar. Midgar is pitched just right, as a sort of moody, glum looking affair. I'd want to see how they tackle nicer areas, like Kalm.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    So let me get this straight. The fanboys have been demanding for years that Square remake FFVII and now that they're finally doing it said fanboys are pissed off because Square are remaking FFVII.

That's almost as dumb as hating a game based on a couple of minutes of trailer footage.
    And you have listed one of the many reasons why I absolutely hate gamers and gaming culture. The general fanbase of video games is very spoiled and immature, and the hardest of the hardcore fans of anything still can't figure out why the industry still isn't taken as seriously as something like the movie or music industry.

Interestingly enough they really decided to use the original Buster Sword for the remake.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-06-2015 at 09:24 PM.

FFXIV Character

Bartholomew Drizzle (Exodus)

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    all the way up to the end of disc 1. (And yes, I am always going to use disc number as a measurement point )
    Dang, I hadn't even thought about this. I still miss disk changing screens. I suppose we might get a little "End of Part 1" or something upon reaching that scene.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I don't think we will. Maybe SE has enough humor do put in a fake "change disc" screen just once, but I doubt it.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I don't think we will. Maybe SE has enough humor do put in a fake "change disc" screen just once, but I doubt it.
    The way they acknowledged that sort of thing in MGS4 was one of my favorite parts of that game.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by YoshioKST View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    all the way up to the end of disc 1. (And yes, I am always going to use disc number as a measurement point )
    Dang, I hadn't even thought about this. I still miss disk changing screens. I suppose we might get a little "End of Part 1" or something upon reaching that scene.
    I agree, something like this would be a nice touch! I could live without it though because OMFG REMAKE!!!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    The way they acknowledged that sort of thing in MGS4 was one of my favorite parts of that game.
    It should be a perfect replica of the exact same change disc screen as in the original game, same font, colors, and everything.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    So let me get this straight. The fanboys have been demanding for years that Square remake FFVII and now that they're finally doing it said fanboys are pissed off because Square are remaking FFVII.

That's almost as dumb as hating a game based on a couple of minutes of trailer footage.
    Luckily for us Final Fantasy VII has already delivered to us the perfect response.

Never before has this quote been more appropriate.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

One of the biggest threads I've seen on this forum in a while. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else in the game will look and especially the monsters. VII's the ugliest game in the series to me, but this looks great and with how good the monsters look in XV, I'm expecting similar for VII.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    One of the biggest threads I've seen on this forum in a while. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else in the game will look and especially the monsters. VII's the ugliest game in the series to me, but this looks great and with how good the monsters look in XV, I'm expecting similar for VII.
    I pray that there are still wild Motorcycles and Houses roaming in and around the outskirts of Midgar xD
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Weapons are going to be even more terrifying and awesome.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    The Weapons are going to be even more terrifying and awesome.
    The weapon cutscenes are going to be amazing =o

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

This looks phenomenal. Now I know I'm going to have to get a PS4.