Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: FFVII Remake Gameplay Trailer

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    This looks phenomenal. Now I know I'm going to have to get a PS4.
    They need to release a special edition Final Fantasy VII PS4. I'd buy a second console!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    One of the biggest threads I've seen on this forum in a while. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else in the game will look and especially the monsters. VII's the ugliest game in the series to me, but this looks great and with how good the monsters look in XV, I'm expecting similar for VII.
    The Weapons are going to be even more terrifying and awesome.
    The weapon cutscenes are going to be amazing =o
    I can already imagine how bawse Diamond is going to look approaching the party in this version. Damn, that gave me Teenage Ayen anxiety back then, I can't imagine what it's going to do now.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do make a PS4 FFVII system, but wasn't it also coming out for Xbox One too, or has it been confirmed as a PlayStation exclusive?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

It was announced as "Coming first to PS4". To me that implies timed exclusivity to PS4, and then a release on other platforms later.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

Interesting. I wonder if they'll release it to PC. Maybe I won't need a PS4 to play it.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Im not happy with this being an action RPG ..

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Of course you're not
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    So let me get this straight. The fanboys have been demanding for years that Square remake FFVII and now that they're finally doing it said fanboys are pissed off because Square are remaking FFVII.

That's almost as dumb as hating a game based on a couple of minutes of trailer footage.
    And you have listed one of the many reasons why I absolutely hate gamers and gaming culture. The general fanbase of video games is very spoiled and immature, and the hardest of the hardcore fans of anything still can't figure out why the industry still isn't taken as seriously as something like the movie or music industry.
    Seriously? I've honestly never seen a fanbase so united on how excited they are for a remake. Of course you're going to get people who don't like how the trailer looks (with such a huge fanbase it would be literally impossible), but I've seen such a surprisingly positive response, it's fantastic.

The most common gripe I've seen so far has been Barrets sunglasses, and yeah I agree they're stupid, but think about it, the fact that so far that's the worst part about the remake is astounding.

Well I also feel like there's the phenomenon of fans like us analysing everything to death which can lead to a negative seeming impression. For example, I might say something like: "It does seem to be quite a similar battle system to Crisis Core, where ideally I was hoping for the old system to be maintained as I prefer to play at a much slower pace".

^ That looks like a criticism, and it technically is. But what doesn't come through is that despite that criticism... I am unbelievably excited. Like, considering cryogenics until release day levels.

Exactly. The reason I didn't bring up the battle system complaints is because they're legitimate criticisms based on the style preference of the person providing the opinion. It's not just "typical moaning gamers".

How can Barret's sunglasses be stupid, they and his entire design are what made him cool for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's worst in areas like YouTube and Facebook. The top comment to one Facebook page was a person claiming the Remake battle system is the 'final nail in the coffin' for the franchise. Along with many comments of people just bashing the game outright and saying they're not going to play it.

Those are the groups Sephex are referring to (I think, not trying to speak for anybody). Not people making valid criticisms.
    Last edited by Ayen; 12-07-2015 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    How can Barret's sunglasses be stupid, they and his entire design are what made him cool for me.
    Not only would sunglasses not help when fighting indoors under the plate in smog filled environments, they would actually be a detremant to his fighting ability. He never had sunglasses before, I just think it was silly to add them.

And since when have youtube and Facebook comments represented the FFVII fanbase? Let alone the Gaming fanbase. I certainly wouldn't judge the opinion of the trailer from them.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Well looks like most people had thier fun glasses on when watching the trailer to this game.

Boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Not only would sunglasses not help when fighting indoors under the plate in smog filled environments, they would actually be a detremant to his fighting ability.
    That is totally and completely irrelevant in a fictional world/universe where 3 people share one diver helmet, people are running around in sleeveless sweaters as war uniform, people use gun-blades that are stated to not even shoot and everything. I can make tons of examples where fans ignore this fact and bring in their own little excuses that are no excuses but I know how that is. I have been arguing with FF and DBZ fans for over 10 years so I know their double standards.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-07-2015 at 03:16 AM.