View Poll Results: What's your favorite?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • SG-1000

0 0%
  • Master System

0 0%
  • Genesis/Mega Drive

10 71.43%
  • Game Gear

0 0%
  • Saturn

0 0%
  • Nomad

0 0%
  • Dreamcast

4 28.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Sega System

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Mega Drive for me. Jurassic Park, Jungle Strike, the PGA Tour series, countless other fond memories of fantastic games.

If you count the Mega-CD (Sega CD in Genesis regions) add-on as part of the same console, then add Ecco the Dolphin CD to that list of memorable titles - to this day, I still consider it one of the best 2D/platforming games ever made.
    Oh man, SegaCD is such a nostalgic high for me for some reason. Some of my favorite stuff to play emulated on my PSP and Wii. Then again, I love terrible FMV games. But SegaCD was one of the first times we started receiving weird, obscure, innovative games. Popful Mail, Snatcher, Lunar 1 & 2, the best version of Flashback and Willie Beamish. The only arcade-comparable Dragon's Lair. Mmmm...

Maybe that combo is better than the Saturn..

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    The Mega Drive/ Genesis
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    • Aladdin A.K.A - the good version of Aladdin
    • Mortal Kombat games with blood
    • Gunstar Heroes
    • Strider
    • Streets of Rage games
    • Quackshot
    • Castlevania bloodlines

I'd like to add Comix Zone, X-Men 2 Clone Wars, Cyborg Justice, Sylvester and Tweety in Cagey Capers, and the Road Rash games to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Mega Drive for me. Jurassic Park, Jungle Strike, the PGA Tour series, countless other fond memories of fantastic games.

If you count the Mega-CD (Sega CD in Genesis regions) add-on as part of the same console, then add Ecco the Dolphin CD to that list of memorable titles - to this day, I still consider it one of the best 2D/platforming games ever made.
    Oh man, SegaCD is such a nostalgic high for me for some reason. Some of my favorite stuff to play emulated on my PSP and Wii. Then again, I love terrible FMV games. But SegaCD was one of the first times we started receiving weird, obscure, innovative games. Popful Mail, Snatcher, Lunar 1 & 2, the best version of Flashback and Willie Beamish. The only arcade-comparable Dragon's Lair. Mmmm...

Maybe that combo is better than the Saturn..
    It's pretty bad when the Sega CD can beat the Saturn.

I hope Segata Sanshiro isn't nearby...

I like the Saturn for its weird obscure games too, though. Astal, Panzer Dragoon 2, Dragon Force, Shining Wisdom, Albert Odyssey, Magic Knight Rayearth, man I miss Working Designs.. I wonder what Victor Ireland is up to these days

Articles
    Blog Entries

I still want to play Magic Knight Rayearth. I only played the Super Famicom version. I wonder if I can find any good working Saturn emulators. I can play the PlayStation and N64 ones just fine, and that was the same generation so I should be okay. It'd be nice to be able to play House of the Dead again.

I've never had any luck with Saturn emulation. I've heard its weird combination of like 5 different processors and some weird sound chip made it exceedingly difficult, and the few games I got to run, sounded like garbage But that was years ago, and supposedly better processors and graphics cards were going to make true emulation. So its definitely possible they will run better these days, if people kept working on them

I can't remember the details, but I think there was one Japanese one that ran really well. I think the rumor was that it was developed by someone who used to work at Sega, but then it was closed-source, so any hiccups it had, couldn't be fixed by other developers, and I'm not sure that person continued his work, so it could be a dead end

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post

I hope Segata Sanshiro isn't nearby...
    He is and he's extremely furious.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

It's Dreamcast first. Then Genesis or Saturn second.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There were problems with the Saturn, but most of those were business problems, not with the system itself. (which is to say everyone who wanted a new SEGA system had already bought a Sega CD or a 32X) It was actually a great little thing, but when you're going up against the PS1... rest in smurfing pieces.

Where are the SEGA CD and 32X on the poll, Ayen?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    Where are the SEGA CD and 32X on the poll, Ayen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    And no I'm not counting the add ons in this. Go suck a button!

Playstation was Nintendo's greatest add-on!

Articles
    Blog Entries

The majority of you have chosen the correct answer. The rest have picked an acceptable alternative. You have evaded my wrath for now. But don't get comfortable yet. Us Ayens are easily satisfied, but we'll be back, and with greater wants.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Neptune