Thread: FFXV Introduces New "Slash-Link" System

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Default FFXV Introduces New "Slash-Link" System

Game Design Department Manager Kenichi Shida has shared some new information regarding the linking systems featured in Final Fantasy XV's battle system.

In the current build of the Episode Duscae demo, players are able to initiate a Cross-Link attack by running to a designated yellow spot, where Noctis can then launch an assault on an enemy with fellow party members. While Cross-Links will still play a part in the game they have been improved to speed up the tempo of battle, so it will be interesting to see how these attacks are initiated in the final build.

To add to this the developers have now included something called "Slash-Link". Details on this one are a bit vague, but these attacks can be launched under "certain conditions". As I said, vague, but intriguing - and NOT FFVII Remake related xD

Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/12/...cobo-reindeer/ (via official FFXV forums)

<a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

There is no reason to attack a beloved Nintendo franchise over this.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    There is no reason to attack a beloved Nintendo franchise over this.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

>enter thread to make Zelda joke
    >see three people already beat him to it
    >anger
    >mass produce an army of Navi to consume EoFF in "HEY! HEY LISTEN!" for all eternity

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yeah, I googled "Slash-Link".

You either got incredibly lucky or an incredibly unlucky depending on what you were hoping​ that would return

FFXIV Character

Bartholomew Drizzle (Exodus)

Good! Manual links! Now we should truly be able to get a feel of how we control the entire party -through- Noctis. This makes me think a bit of Radiata Stories actually, wherein you used the main character directly in battle, but could use various formations for hugely different effects called...well, links. I'm not expecting anything as wacky as Radiata, but I'm hoping it provides a similar level of control.

P.S. Radiata's ending sucked, glad to see a proper team and budget take this idea up.
    For better or worse, to be a fan of Final Fantasy is to witness history in the making.

Incidentally I wonder if they've implemented the magic system yet. I think that's probably going to make or break that battle system depending on how they do it. Episode Duscae was fun for a time but after a little while just felt like it was lacking something... and I think a proper magic system is that something.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

So something like Dual-Techs? I'd be up for that. Has me intrigued.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Incidentally I wonder if they've implemented the magic system yet. I think that's probably going to make or break that battle system depending on how they do it. Episode Duscae was fun for a time but after a little while just felt like it was lacking something... and I think a proper magic system is that something.
    If they haven't implemented this by now then God help us all! I heard rumours of a second playable demo coming out before the release of the game, so fingers crossed that is confirmed at the March announcement. They can't leave us hanging on an unfinished battle system. The new demo needs A) Magic, B) new cross / slash-links, C) a couple more techniques and D) a release date of FFXV upon completion! ;p
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 12-10-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    There is another demo that will be playable. Some people believe it'll be the Overture demo shown off some time ago. I don't really know for sure, but it'll for sure be a lot more accurate to how the final version of the game is going to play in comparison to Episode Duscae.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"

The comment section be like:

PUNS! QUIPS! JOKES!!! :V

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    but it'll for sure be a lot more accurate to how the final version of the game is going to play in comparison to Episode Duscae.
    I'd honestly just be happy with another update to the Duscae demo with all the gameplay mechanics of the final build, as that would give an accurate impression of what's to come without having to work on a whole new demo. I am intrigued to see a new area, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
    The comment section be like:

PUNS! QUIPS! JOKES!!! :V
    I knowwwww. Nobody seems to care enough about FFXV to make a proper comment on the news �� #FFVIIRemake