Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The FFVII Remake was announced too early.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Default The FFVII Remake was announced too early.

Square Enix sent shockwaves across the globe when they announced the long awaited remake of the much beloved Final Fantasy VII during Sony's E3 2015 show. On top of that we've just had that amazing gameplay reveal at PlayStation Experience and my god, it looks good!

However, it was announced too early, and I feel that Square Enix should have gotten FFXV out the door before dropping the Mako Bomb. I mean, the game was announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII in 2006, so technically only 9 years after FFVII's original release on the PlayStation. 9 years later and we're still waiting for the game that was announced 9 years ago, and now the remake of the game that was only released 9 years before that has come and stolen it's Bolt 1.

Poor FFXV
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 12-11-2015 at 03:01 AM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Square Enix sent shockwaves across the globe when they announced the long awaited remake of the much beloved Final Fantasy VII during Sony's E3 2015 show. On top of that we've just had that amazing gameplay reveal at PlayStation Experience and my god, it looks good!

However, it was announced too early, and I feel that Square Enix should have gotten FFXV out the door before dropping the Mako Bomb. I mean, the game was announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII in 2006, so technically only 9 years after FFVII's original release on the PlayStation. 9 years later and we're still waiting for the game that was announced 9 years ago, and now the remake of the game that was only released 9 years before that has come and stolen it's Bolt 1.

Poor FFXV
    I think the longevity of the FFXV cycle is precisely why they chose to 'tide fans over' with the prospect of FFVII. Public faith in Square Enix waned somewhat, what better pick-me-up than the announcement of a FFVII remake, literally the things many FF fans dreamed about for years.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It'll be too early if we're still waiting for the game nine years from now.

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

It would be nice if they had part one ready in March when they announced the release date for 15 they also release part 1. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I feel like this is the ideal time because of all of the XV hooplah. They're covering their butts, I think

Could just be me though

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

People who were excited for FFXV before the announcement are still excited.

People who weren't at least have something to be excited for now.

Seriously, it's not that big a deal, and it's even positive if anything. This thread reminds me how people complained about the announcement of FFXIII stole XII's thunder. Once XV comes out people will be talking all about it and VII will be briefly forgotten about until the next batch of news comes up

No, not at all.

And yes, it would be a cool idea to combine the FFXV release with the remake somehow and include some download code for whatever. Maybe a demo. And also the last few days I thought they should do the same thing for the remake and make an ATR.

And VII will be briefly forgotten? Not as long as I live.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Square-Enix gets off on announcing games. Releasing games? Not so much. A reminder that they announced FFX before FFIX had even been released.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

They've gotten better. I remember when they used to announce the fact that they were announcing the announcement concerning a project, but the announcement isn't the actual announcement, it's an announcement concerning an announcement towards the future, when the actual announcement will take place.

Year.

Development.

Time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

They have to announce it before FFXV is released so they can include the FFVII Remake Demo with FFXV pre-orders and/or day-one-purchases.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    Yeah I feel like this is the ideal time because of all of the XV hooplah. They're covering their butts, I think

Could just be me though
    Yeah this sounds just about right, while everybody is hyping over the remake, they can secretly have enough time to carry on with FF XV.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I would've thought so if we haven't just got a gameplay trailer about a week ago.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yeah, IX, X and XI were all announced simultaneously.
    I didn't realise this (I hadn't been introduced to Internet in 2000 xD).

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    They have to announce it before FFXV is released so they can include the FFVII Remake Demo with FFXV pre-orders and/or day-one-purchases.
    True I guess. It just seems a shame as it makes it look like Square Enix have lost faith in FFXV and are relying on FFVII Remake to push the game. That is assuming there will be a demo alongside FFXV, as you say.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

They should just be an announcer for a sporting event or something. Sounds like they'd fit right in.