Thread: Throwing in the Towel

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Relm Throwing in the Towel

Though I feel this largely applies to RPGs more than other games, I'm sure there are a few other genres where this is a factor. What are your requirements for quitting a game you've put time into and starting over from scratch? I say this because I'm thinking of picking FF:4 Heroes of Light back up and I am currently debating whether I should continue where I left off or if I should just start over from scratch because I never made it far into the game.

When do you throw in the towel and just start over?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Though I feel this largely applies to RPGs more than other games, I'm sure there are a few other genres where this is a factor. What are your requirements for quitting a game you've put time into and starting over from scratch? I say this because I'm thinking of picking FF:4 Heroes of Light back up and I am currently debating whether I should continue where I left off or if I should just start over from scratch because I never made it far into the game.

If I'm playing through a game, stop for a while and then go back to it, it depends. If I am out of touch with the story, more often than not I'd restart it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

If I'm playing through a game, stop for a while and then go back to it, it depends. If I am out of touch with the story, more often than not I'd restart it.
    This. Or if I get to an area where I just can't get past because I'm too weak and there's no way to level ect. Happened to me at the Demon Gate in FFVII. Now I make sure I'm over level 35 before going to the Temple of the Ancients.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

Same here. I can't think of many other instances where I'd start over that wasn't just because I wanted to replay the game from the beginning. This usually goes for games I haven't picked up in years.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, re-reading the plot synopsis for this game, I don't remember any of this so I feel it may be for the best if I start over from scratch on this one.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I was about twenty hours into Deus Ex (maybe a third of the way through the game? and it's a long game) and didn't like my augment decisions so I restarted.

Other than that I'll restart if I haven't played in many months and don't remember what I was doing, haha.