Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sohth

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Default Sohth

WHERE can I find this?! I've been searching for what feels like decades but I don't seem to encounter it?
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 12-15-2015 at 12:38 AM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

You can find the Sohth by getting in 250 counters in a row without running away at Cosmo Canyon. When you win the battle you'll encounter a short cutscene that gives you the Slaughter Materia. Very useful for this stage of the game.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I heard its only a one in a hundred chance the sohth will spawn though, so you might have to keep trying. It helps if you make 50 copies of the save file.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Whoa, then I got lucky! I only went for the Slaughter Materia once and I encountered Sohth no problem after the 250 encounters. I never did that again (as with other tedious FFVII side stuff) because it takes too much time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had to do the 50 save file trick to increase my chances. Did you know that on the fiftieth save file that you'll magically have a key item in your inventory called Ancient Elixer that is said bring a certain someone back to life? It actually gets imbued in the lifestream and turns all the hooded clone guys into clones of that certain someone. It makes sephiroth go crazy and creates an alternate ending to the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I had to do the 50 save file trick to increase my chances. Did you know that on the fiftieth save file that you'll magically have a key item in your inventory called Ancient Elixer that is said bring a certain someone back to life? It actually gets imbued in the lifestream and turns all the hooded clone guys into clones of that certain someone. It makes sephiroth go crazy and creates an alternate ending to the game.
    I'm wondering if they'll keep that in the remake. I remember in early copies of FFVII you had to actually special order a 4th disc to get that ending since all content and cutscenes were on that disc. They phased it out by the time the Greatest Hits version of the game came out because it apparently was a hassle to keep up with the demand. Square actually kept it under wraps after they backed out of offering the fourth disc. EGM was going to publish something on it, but Square threatened to never let them cover anything by them. Back then Square had a lot of pull. I guess they still do when it comes to that because you can't even find the scene on YouTube!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Sohth glitches the smurf out of your game. Do NOT encounter. Aside from various texture and sound glitches, it swapped my Cloud for the model of that punk with the red spiky hair and sunglasses and while that was bitchin' sweet, you get stuck on a screen that endlessly plays the Speed Square ghost noise if you try to enter the Highwind. Avoid Sohth at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Sohth glitches the smurf out of your game. Do NOT encounter. Aside from various texture and sound glitches, it swapped my Cloud for the model of that punk with the red spiky hair and sunglasses and while that was bitchin' sweet, you get stuck on a screen that endlessly plays the Speed Square ghost noise if you try to enter the Highwind. Avoid Sohth at all costs.
    They fixed that with a patch, actually.

It's fairly easy to find on PC versions, but the Playstation "Patch" disc was only distributed on request for a year, and not advertised at all, so it is going for over a thousand dollars whenever one is actually put up for sale.

The annoying part is that the PSN digital releases don't include the patched data, so you can't get around the issue on the virtual console versions.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Did you guys know that you could actually get Johnny to join your party too? If you gave him 100 tissues early on in the game, he'd magically show up during cloud's coma thing to comfort tifa with them. If that happens, cloud is left behind and Johnny becomes the new leader.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Holy crap is it the 90s again
    Nah, special effects in movies aren't nearly corny enough to be the 90's again.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Request for this content to be published on the front site.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

What the trout is a sohth.

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    Just turn down Yuffie from joining your party when you have exactly 333 enemies killed and you'll find out.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    Just turn down Yuffie from joining your party when you have exactly 333 enemies killed and you'll find out.
    I believe that's the Nohth actually.

Edit: actually I think it is the sohth. Well, a trick sohth. Isn't that the one where (SPOILER) yuffie tricks the party dressed as a sohth and steals your save file, giving you a special game over screen before your file is deleted?