Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Leia has exactly zero training and didn't even realize she was Force-sensitive, yet was able to use the Force to find her brother in The Empire Strikes Back. So.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Leia has exactly zero training and didn't even realize she was Force-sensitive, yet was able to use the Force to find her brother in The Empire Strikes Back. So.
    Still not something that I feel is even on par with what Rey did.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rey being skilled with a staff before and being desperate to break out, and then furious, and Kylo being injured and holding back are enough justification for me

I'm still hoping Finn gets to be a Jedi too, though Seriously, all joking aside, I think he was my favorite character in the movie.

Rey being skilled with a staff before and being desperate to break out, and then furious, and Kylo being injured and holding back are enough justification for me

I'm still hoping Finn gets to be a Jedi too, though Seriously, all joking aside, I think he was my favorite character in the movie.
    Again though, it's that paired with things like it consistently happening, and the lack of flaws. Were it just this one thing on it's own, it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, she is pretty hostile to strangers, I guess? That's a flaw, maybe?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

She almost sold BB8 for food! That's a flaw i guess.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah Ren was hurt at the start of the fight - but you're only going to get weaker and weaker - especially with physical exertion - when you're bleeding out.

Well, she is pretty hostile to strangers, I guess? That's a flaw, maybe?
    And I would be fine with that if it ever actually caused a problem. A flaw is pretty irrelevant if it never acts against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Yeah Ren was hurt at the start of the fight - but you're only going to get weaker and weaker - especially with physical exertion - when you're bleeding out.
    It's still a bit Jarring to instantly go from kicking that much ass to getting your ass kicked that badly in mere moments.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

He got shot with chewies blaster which was shown several times to knock people through the air. It was a surprise Ren was walking much less fighting. It's why it showed him pounding on it and blood falling. Plus he tried the whole "I can teach you" thing. He wasn't in his best fighting status.

Also, Ren is shown to naturally use the force rather than fighting it. She let's it guide her instead of fighting against her intuition. That was the point of how she figured out how to fly the falcon. After it was confirmed that it actually exists instead of "that's silly!" it was "well let me try it." Both Anakin and Luke also were force sensitive, Rey just let it lead her rather than thinking she couldn't or wasn't good enough to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    He got shot with chewies blaster which was shown several times to knock people through the air. It was a surprise Ren was walking much less fighting. It's why it showed him pounding on it and blood falling. Plus he tried the whole "I can teach you" thing. He wasn't in his best fighting status.

Also, Ren is shown to naturally use the force rather than fighting it. She let's it guide her instead of fighting against her intuition. That was the point of how she figured out how to fly the falcon. After it was confirmed that it actually exists instead of "that's silly!" it was "well let me try it." Both Anakin and Luke also were force sensitive, Rey just let it lead her rather than thinking she couldn't or wasn't good enough to use it.
    That first tibit doesn't really change my point. Even with those Injuries, he was wiping the floor with her. Yet in but an instant, she's all 'let me try force' and the fight completely 180's.

And going by your description of what she did, that really kind of explains exactly why I don't think she's an interesting character. She's just naturally so good and wonderful at everything she is trying immediately.

Luke worked because he struggled throughout that entire movie and his rise was all the better because of it. It actually felt he had to work for his accomplishments.

Rey achieves her accomplishments because she's just that good, and is never portrayed as anything but.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So you're not a fan of her character cause she's good at what she does? You'd rather her be horrible and have lost to Ren and what, died? I don't think they are going for a GoT feel of killing off main characters here. Yeah han died but Ford has been wanting and out for a while.

It just seems very nitpicky to me.

Blog Entries

It was just daft the ease with which she defeated him. I thought at the very least she could take a hit or something (at the time my money was on her losing a hand, seeing as SW is so fond of those injuries), or maybe come up with some Predator-style trap, or have somebody come and save the day. I just always had the assumption that a lightsaber was something that was supposed to require proper training and expertise to wield, otherwise why wouldn't everyone be waving them about?

Also, wasn't Luke Skywalker's lightsaber supposed to be green?

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

His lightsaber in the first two movies was his father's and blue, the same one used in the infamous "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE" 15 minutes of ballet in a volcano fight. He lost it with aforementioned hand down a giant shaft (lol) at the end of Empire and so he built his own green one in time for Jedi.

Come on son, play Hoth on Battlefront II and you'd know this.

Blog Entries

So you're saying somebody found that thing? Damn son, no wonder he looked amazed at the end of the film when she waved it at him.

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    So you're saying somebody found that thing? Damn son, no wonder he looked amazed at the end of the film when she waved it at him.
    Yeah. Han asks Maz where she found it. "That's a story for another time".

DAMMIT MAZ