Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Force Awakens (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    This is why I will always argue that Anakin really was the chosen one. Balance is equal. There were plenty of Jedi running around doing all kinds of things in the Galaxy, and only a handful of Sith. After Anakin's betrayal there were only two Sith (him and palpatine), barring any hidden Sith hanging out wherever in the galaxy uncanonically, and two Jedi (Ben and Yoda), barring any hidden Jedi hanging out wherever in the galaxy uncanonically.

But plenty of Jedi are totally irrelevant when the master of the Sith has manipulated the force so much that he alone is able to use it to perfection (or pretty much) and is superior to the Jedi.
    It's dumb, but the Jedi interpreted the prophecy and "balance" as ridding of the Sith entirely. I still have no clue why they would think that, but I guess when you are in control for thousands of years even Jedi gets a bit of an ego.
    Plagueis/Sidious were responsible for the imbalance of the force. With them gone the power that manipulated them would be gone as well. Sith being gone is not the same as the Dark Side of the Force being gone, just the cause of the imbalance being gone - and probably also the balance restored.

You may also not misinterpret Dark Side Users as Sith. Sith are not all Dark Side Users and Padawan and Jedi are not all Light Side Users. Those are ideologies and not the terms for everyone using the force. Kylo Ren is also not a Sith (except if Snoke is one). I know in general those terms are used, I also used to do that but my brother who is more familiar with Star Wars told me.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-27-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    So if Rey is Luke's daughter, who did Luke get jiggly with?
    That's the big question, isn't it! I'm thinking it might end up to be a character who we've already encountered. Not a clue who that might turn out to be, though.
    It's gotta be someone else whose strong in the Force to maximise Rey's awesome force power.

So either Leia or Maz. Take your pick.
    I was thinking it might be someone a BIT more obscure, possibly from the extended universe.

I was thinking it might be someone a BIT more obscure, possibly from the extended universe.

That one is no longer canonical according to Disney. They de-canonized everything except the movies, Clone Wars and Rebels when they bought Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

That one is no longer canonical according to Disney. They de-canonized everything except the movies, Clone Wars and Rebels when they bought Star Wars.
    WHAT IF IT'S AHSOKA?!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The force is a power without denomination in good or bad in any way. It isn't two powers vying for control. What matters is how you use it. It's true because my neighbor told me.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    The force is a power without denomination in good or bad in any way. It isn't two powers vying for control. What matters is how you use it. It's true because my neighbor told me.
    Your neighbour is Sidious.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You know, one of the best parts of the movie for me was all the humor. When Kylo Ren is going on one of his angry tantrums and destroying trout with his lightsaber, and the two Stormtroopers are walking towards the room, hear the commotion, stop, and then turn around, I laughed my freaking ass off. That was so hilarious.

Then there's the scene where the guy is telling him all the bad news and he's freaking out on him with his Force Powers and then he's all, "So, what else do you have to report?" all calm like nothing happened.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You know, one of the best parts of the movie for me was all the humor. When Kylo Ren is going on one of his angry tantrums and destroying trout with his lightsaber, and the two Stormtroopers are walking towards the room, hear the commotion, stop, and then turn around, I laughed my freaking ass off. That was so hilarious.
    I like that as well. It's good to show that the Storm-troopers are not just faceless soldiers. They did that with Finn, and with the quite natural reactions of the Storm-troopers.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Ew, twincest!

I'm going with Maz. Luke's a super freak, and she had his lightsaber!
    If Maz is her mother, I'll die.

I'm betting that Disney will make her mother Black Widow, who used the infinity gauntlet to get her groove on w/ Luke, then had his baby & went back to the MCU. This will be explained in a Netflix Movie. This would explain Rey's kickassery & be a "nice" crossover between Disney properties.

Excuse me while I go & delete all these death threat messages.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I like that as well. It's good to show that the Storm-troopers are not just faceless soldiers. They did that with Finn, and with the quite natural reactions of the Storm-troopers.
    There's already a gif of it:

Thank you, Tumblr.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So if Rey is Luke's daughter, who did Luke get jiggly with?
    That's the big question, isn't it! I'm thinking it might end up to be a character who we've already encountered. Not a clue who that might turn out to be, though.
    I HAVE A THEORY!

Rey is definitely Luke's kid. Through Kylo reading her mind she obviously remembers the first temple where she found Luke at the end. The whole island and endless ocean moment.
    But more importantly, in all of the Star Wars movies, who are the only people to speak in an English accent? Rey, one of the red X-Wing fighters, and OBI WAN KENOBI. Rey has a connection to the lightsaber that her father (Luke) and grandfather (Anakin) held. But who else held it for a bunch on years? Her other grandfather (Old Ben Kenobi). Yup. I think that Kenobi had wasn't always an old hermit and had kid while waiting around for Luke to grow up.
    I also think because of Rey knowing of the original Jedi temple, that she had some padawan training as a Youngling, but probably blocked that part out of her memory.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World View Post
    But more importantly, in all of the Star Wars movies, who are the only people to speak in an English accent?
    Darth Maul. Count Dooku. Emperor Palpatine. C3PO. COINCIDENCE?

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They all bred Rey.

I still think it is important. After all, they had John Boyega change his accent.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Exactly, she's a Sith Protocol Droid. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.