Thread: Rate your Movies 2015

Default Rate your Movies 2015

I. MARVEL'S THE AVENGER'S - AGE OF ULTRON: solid 10/10

A hard decision between this and Star Wars but Avenger's pretty much does it for me. The Reason: Ultron. I love A.I. stories. Stories of alrtificial beings which become or are an actual individual person and do something. Robert Downey Jr. Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johannson, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner are a great cast of heroes and the movie was just great in my opinion. Villain, heroes, entertainment and action at it's finest.

II. STAR WARS VII THE FORCE AWAKENS: 10/10

A great movie. Overall the setting is way cooler than Avenger's but there are some decisions of recycling that just make it pretty much lose for me. I know many people hate the prequels. I do not. I think they are by far better than the garbage looking 4, 5 and 6 and I prefer CGI to old garbage looking movies even if they looked excellent at that time. I play a lot of old looking games but the old Star Wars movies always were like this for me but I like the newer ones more. They have good looking areas, they have Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor and a great final battle with Obi-Wan VS Vader and Yoda VS Sidious. Kylo Ren and Cpt. Smoker or Snoopy or whatever VS Vader and Sidious? Get outta here. One of the other things I do not like about this movie really. And I still love it. As a matter of fact, I do not even know where I would put it after revenge of the Sith being my first ranked Star Wars movie. I think III is by far better but VII also is very high in my list. Great Cliffhanger (even though this pseudo-filler plot to waste a complete movie with recycling was unnecessary) and great actor. And Rey? Great role and rrrr~ Fynn was also great. Great two newcomers in a galaxy far, far away. Also the humor was pretty great most of the time. This movie also uses non-CGI scenes in a great way now that it is possible.

And if Rey is not Luke's daughter I do not know.

Spoiler Mark removed because there is no spoiler in this post. I only made an assumption and nothing else. Assumptions are no spoilers.

III. ANT-MAN: 7-8/10

Great and entertaining movie with Paul Rudd and cool action-packed scenes. I like Paul Rudd since Friends.

IV. CRIMSON PEAK: 4-5/10

Get away from me with this movie. This movie looks great and is atmospheric when it comes to that. And that is it. There is a ghost saying "stay away from Crimson Peak" at the beginning of the movie. I am telling you, she does not mean the character she is talking to. She means the ones watching and to not watch the movie.

Also watched Jurassic Park IV, but not in theatre. 7-8/10 or so. Bonus for the T-Rex from Jurassic Park 1. Oh, and Dragon Ball Z Fukkatsu no F was also crap. And that comes from a major Dragon Ball fan. 4-5 because it is Dragon Ball and I am merciful.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-17-2015 at 10:16 PM.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Ive barely watched much this year if I'm honest. I watched Hunger Games 2 in the cinema the other week, thats about it. Cinema's too expensive.

I enjoyed the film but it was very predictable. It made jump too which is never handy, as I'm the type who screams. No one else even moved

Articles
    Blog Entries

American Sniper: Try it
    Jupiter's Ascending: Try it
    Fast and Furious 7: Get it
    Avengers 2: Get it
    Mad Max: Fury Road: Get it
    Jurassic World: Get it
    Terminator Genesys: Get it
    Mission Impossible 5: Get it
    The Man From UNCLE: Get it
    Pixels: Try it
    Fantastic Four: Skip it
    Mockingjay Part-2: Get it

And I plan to see Star Wars Tuesday.

The Martian

Great film full of science, humour and tension. Probably my favourite film of the year. I did just see Star Wars so I'm still on a high from that but stepping back a little... The Martian was probably the best piece of cinema that I saw this year.

Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens

I think this is better than A New Hope. So if this is the New Hope of the sequel trilogy, I can't wait for Empire. A slightly slower pace and a touch more confidence in its universally excellent new characters would have elevated an already great movie into an instant classic, but I really do have to nitpick to find faults.

Inside Out

I feel like really good Pixar films aren't as prevalent as they used to be. This is definitely one of them, however. Touching, charming, funny... highly recommended.

Mad Max Fury Road

Just a crazy visceral experience. I'm not a fan of the Mad Max world, but this was the cinema equivalent of a rollercoaster with a lot of g-forces. If you like loud noises and things being on fire, this is a must-see.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. Mad Max Fury Road
    2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Default Best Films of 2015

So yeah, post your favourites and all that. Here's my list (based off what came out in the UK this year):

20. Dope
    19. Clouds of Sils Maria
    18. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    17. The Martian
    16. Mommy
    15. Selma
    14. Carol
    13. Coherence
    12. The Duke of Burgundy
    11. The Lobster
    10. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    9. Dear White People
    8. The Tale of the Princess Kaguya
    7. Mad Max: Fury Road
    6. Amy
    5. It Follows
    4. Inherent Vice
    3. Whiplash
    2. The Look of Silence
    1. Inside Out
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

I forgot I saw Whiplash this year! Definitely a solid addition to any list. I'm jealous you've seen Carol already, too.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My favorite movies that came out this year:

First tier:
    1. The Force Awakens
    2. Inside Out
    3. The Martian

Second tier:
    4. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    5. Ant-Man
    6. Mad Max: Fury Road

I'd still like to see Creed, Hunger Games, Mission Impossible, and James Bond.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

I have a terrible habit of forgetting what films I've seen this year, but reading other lists has jogged my memory, so here goes:

Fantastic Four - 5.3/10
    Inside Out - 9.0/10
    Avengers: Age of Ultron - 8.3/10
    Ant-Man - 9.4/10
    Spectre - 7.2/10
    Iron Man - 7.7/10
    Iron Man 3 - 8.4/10
    Thor - 8.8/10
    Thor: The Dark World - 8.0/10
    Captain America: The First Avenger - 9.5/10
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9.5/10
    Les Miserables - 9.0/10