Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 or Final Fantasy XV?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo The Next Active Time Report will be in January. Possible release date of Summer 2016.

Square-Enix announced today that the next Active Time Report for Final Fantasy XV will be at the end of January. The event will focus on magic and how it works with the new battle system as well as giving story details about the Nifelheim Empire plus other details. The exact date and time will be revealed later

In addition to this, SE released a 50 question survey recently in Japan. While most of the survey simply asked what fans were interested in the game, there was one interesting question of note. The questions asked the fans that were interested in purchasing both XV and Persona 5, that if both games were to release at the same time, which game would you prioritize getting?

What is interesting about this question is that while Persona 5 has no official date, its slated to release sometime in the summer of next year. This question may be SE deciding whether to release Final Fantasy XV around the same time meaning we have a more narrow window for an exact release date for the title.

So are fans excited to see how magic is going to work with the new battle system? How about the possibility of an actual release within the next six months?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Ohmigosh this Active Time Report should be epic! Can't wait to see how the magic is implemented, and a possible Summer release date?! Ohmigosh x 2!!

It's about time we got some new story info as well!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Colbert Persona 5 or Final Fantasy XV?

If these two games came out around the same time which one would you pick up first? This is the question that Square Enix is insinuating with their recent Japanese questionnaire. Persona 5 is scheduled to release during the summer of next year so Square Enix may in fact be planning a summer 2016 release for their upcoming game Final Fantasy XV. The possibility of them wanting to know what other JRPGs their fans are interested in is also another option. In addition to asking what purchase fans would prioritize, they also ask fans what they find most interesting about Persona 5.

1. Because it’s a JRPG
    2. The world setting is interesting
    3.The characters are interesting
    4. I’m a fan of Atlus games
    5. I’m a fan of the Persona series
    6. The promotion caught my interest
    7. I heard about its popularity

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/17...keuZh88KOkd.99
    Could we see Final Fantasy XV next summer? Which game would you buy if they were to release at the same time?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm more likely to get FFXV than Persona 5 but that's because I don't like the Persona games. Great to finally hear how magic works since that has been conspicuously absent from the demos.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

My priority is getting both at once because I desperately need both of those games inside me right now

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

XV definitely. While I'm not mega pumped, I do want to try it and I have practically zero interest in Persona 5 tbh

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It'll definitely be Persona 5 for me. I love ff, but the series has gone through so many changes that I'm not willing to pay full price for them.
    I'll pick up 15 when it's close to $20

Persona has maintained a consistently excellent quality and hits all the right places for me, so it'll be day one. If they announce a female protagonist I'll go pre order it even.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Persona 5 for me, but largely because it's for PS3 and 4 so I actually have a console for it. XV, Type-0 and Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna are about the only PS4 exclusives I'm interested in.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Whoops didn't realize I posted this in General SE and not XV, but I don't think it's a big deal. Me? The release date doesn't mean much for me at the moment and as of today I haven't completed one Persona game so I'll likely get Final Fantasy XV first.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Oh, the thread changed.

Then my answer is Final Fantasy XV. Come next year it would have been a decade since Final Fantasy Versus XIII was announced and I've been a Final Fantasy Fan (check out that alliteration) since 1997. A decade ago I'd never even heard of Persona, and I only started playing it last year. I've still yet to complete it (P3P). I'll only get P5 once I've completed 3 and 4.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    My priority is getting both at once because I desperately need both of those games inside me right now

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I'm going to have Persona 5 so far up my ass whoever can pull it out will be named the next king of Britan.

....So yeah, Persona 5 is my most anticipated game of next year i fyou can't tell.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

FFXV. I've never played a Persona game and other than some top notch bear puns I've heard about I'm not overly interested in them either.

I concur!! If both were released at the same time, I would purchase both at the same time. I am sooooooo pumped for both >w<