Thread: Steal: Couldn't steal.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Default Steal: Couldn't steal.

I couldnt steal. But could you steal? What was the hardest item to steal and from what boss?
    for me it was the angel flute from Hillgigars, steal couldnt steal steal couldnt steal steal couldnt steal %-&*&:-(&&6&' @_@ ;_;

The flute because it is the hardest one and also shows it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Getting all of the loot off of Beatrix since the battles are timed, so you only have a limited chance to get any of the item. The Hillgigar is the hardest from a mechanical standpoint, but at least you can prolong that fight until you get it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Every time I used steal I never got anything, so I just didn't bother with it. Thief is my least favorite class, anyway.

Blog Entries

I played the game alll the way through and zidane did nothing but steal and go into trance. I never ran out of potions.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    The flute because it is the hardest one and also shows it.
    Seconded

Banned

Fairy Flute is pretty much a given.

I also seem to have a lot of problems stealing the Mage Masher from Baku in the beginning of the game.
    I sometimes do Perfect Game attempts and that one Mage Masher is very important on those runthroughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1986 View Post

I also seem to have a lot of problems stealing the Mage Masher from Baku in the beginning of the game.
    I sometimes do Perfect Game attempts and that one Mage Masher is very important on those runthroughs.

I also hate stealing the Mythril Dagger from Sealion. It is no impossibilty but the overall battle that makes it so much harder. Steal, heal yourself. know when to destroy the Black Waltz and when and how to do damage to Sealion so he does not destroy you with his wave. The battle itself already has this problem. Stealing the dagger is one additonal then.

And Vivi's staff from Gizarmaluke. Oh man, there are so many that suck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1986 View Post

I also hate stealing the Mythril Dagger from Sealion. It is no impossibilty but the overall battle that makes it so much harder. Steal, heal yourself. know when to destroy the Black Waltz and when and how to do damage to Sealion so he does not destroy you with his wave. The battle itself already has this problem. Stealing the dagger is one additonal then.

And Vivi's staff from Gizarmaluke. Oh man, there are so many that suck.
    Ah yes, Mythril Dagger is a pain.
    That battle is an extraordinarily demanding task during a Perfect Game run, since you only have one character and you have to make perfect decisions so as to avoid getting killed on the next boss round.

It also sucks when Zidane enters Trance during that battle while you are still trying to steal the darn thing.

I never had any major problems with Gizamaluke's Ice Staff though, although it will usually take maybe 4-5 attempts.

But it's nice that any successful Steal attempt increases Zidane's potentially best normal attack, Thievery.
    That's my main motivation to steal stuff as often as possible.
    Last edited by Peter1986; 05-29-2016 at 12:59 PM.

When I played FFIX Unleashed, I stole the Holy Lance from Ark in no time. It was awesome, one of the best steals all game and so painless. Then my cat walked on the keyboard and loaded a state before the boss battle.

Cue me re-fighting Ark forever and ever to re-steal it.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Their love, their heart.

Δ As above, so below ∇ crashNUMBERS's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just did this part last night
    At level 7
    My strategy was steal for about 4-5 turns and then potion. Make sure some of those attempts were made towards black waltz no. 1. Then when trance comes along, you use tidal flame and waltzie's gone in one hit. Now juggle between healing and stealing till you have what you need and sealion will go down in one more hit

Quote Originally Posted by dougicidal View Post
    I just did this part last night
    At level 7
    My strategy was steal for about 4-5 turns and then potion. Make sure some of those attempts were made towards black waltz no. 1. Then when trance comes along, you use tidal flame and waltzie's gone in one hit. Now juggle between healing and stealing till you have what you need and sealion will go down in one more hit
    I already know how this battle works. Finding a strategy to manage all of it is exactly the problem.