Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Warriors

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Carnelian View Post
    no plot worth speaking about.
    The plot is superb and I won't have it any other way. It's based on one of the greatest classical novels there is which in turn is based on real history. http://www.threekingdoms.com/001.htm (no, I know it's not an accurate historical account and there's obvious embellishment, exaggeration and bias towards Shu but still a bloody good read) The only downside is that they have to keep retelling the same novel every time!

Yes, okay, there's a nice slice of cheese in there but I seriously can't be the only one who gets a bit sad when the likes of Guan Yu, Sun Ce or Dian Wei die.

In other news, share your favourite tracks!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I started the story mode with Lu Bu, not knowing what I was picking. The guy is kind of a jackass.

Lu Bu: I think you're weak. I'm going to steal your kingdom while you're away and slaughter your people

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I started the story mode with Lu Bu, not knowing what I was picking. The guy is kind of a jackass.

Lu Bu: I think you're weak. I'm going to steal your kingdom while you're away and slaughter your people

Lu Bu: Also, I'm practically a deity among the warriors.

Seriously, I haven't played the actual games, but I know the series's reputation for Lu Bu being intentionally broken.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Lu Bu: Also, I'm practically a deity among the warriors.

Seriously, I haven't played the actual games, but I know the series's reputation for Lu Bu being intentionally broken.
    What's really hilarious is his daughter is actually even more broken than he is. They give her his weapon from dw6, and change it up a bit. If you aren't playing on the most difficult setting, she's basically untouchable.
    Samurai Warriors has two characters who are Lu Bu ish. Tadakatsu Honda, who has the same stats as Lu Bu and is a legendary warrior, but his moveset clearly shows Lu Bu is supposed to be superior. The other guy, Keiji Maeda is similar to Lu Bu just with lower stats.
    Whats really amusing to me is they all have spear like weapons that arent spears. Lu Bu has a Halberd, Honda has a greatspear/ funky shovel, and Maeda has a split pike. Even Orochi, the other character who matches Lu Bu's stats (and is possibly more broken than his daughter is) has a weapon that is a long staff with a blade on the end (a reaper scythe).
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

DONT PURSUE LU BU

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by starlet View Post
    DONT PURSUE LU BU
    Video Game Logic:
    The game is telling me not to go after this guy, I bet I get something cool for going after him!
    Reality:
    Lu Bu murdered my face with two hits and now I have to start over.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finished the Lu Bu storyline. Or at least part of it? Seems like there may be some branching paths

All the stories overlap and interweave, and you see them from different perspectives. Lu Bu is kind of a side-note in general though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    All the stories overlap and interweave, and you see them from different perspectives. Lu Bu is kind of a side-note in general though.
    The 'Others' category in the games have always been side-lined somewhat in games. In Dynasty Warriors 8, their relegated to a single scenario, which is a shame, because I really like Zhu Rong.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So it turns out I cant play the other stories as the version I purchased was apparently an expansion. How frustrating

Articles
    Blog Entries

So it turns out I cant play the other stories as the version I purchased was apparently an expansion. How frustrating
    Is yours the 'Xtreme Legends' version? I did find it odd when you were talking about a Lu Bu campaign, because that isn't in the original.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah. We picked it up when we found it cheap and I wasn't aware it was just an expansion. So I'm pretty bumbed about that

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah. We picked it up when we found it cheap and I wasn't aware it was just an expansion. So I'm pretty bumbed about that
    That's a shame!

(I'm aware we're literally having the exact same conversation on our VMs, so I'll keep this short!)

What was everyone's favourite kingdom, by the by? I've always been a Wu person myself, though a few characters from Jin impressed me in the latest edition. In particular, Zhang Chunhua and her Michael Jackson 'Thriller' pose she does.

Wei forever. Cao Cao is the true leader who will bring an end to this chaos. If Guan Yu can respect him, so can I.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Wei forever. Cao Cao is the true leader who will bring an end to this chaos. If Guan Yu can respect him, so can I.
    Cao Cao is best leader. He holds true to his convictions and lacks the over-Idealization of Lui Bei's world view.