Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dynasty Warriors

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Nanman is the correct answer. Shu of the big three (four now I guess) though. I love it. "Kill them all! For benevolence! BENEVOLEEEEEEEEEENCE!" They're absolutely out of their trees. Guan Yu is incredible and Zhang Fei is a loveable drunken oaf.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

(I'm aware we're literally having the exact same conversation on our VMs, so I'll keep this short!)

What was everyone's favourite kingdom, by the by? I've always been a Wu person myself, though a few characters from Jin impressed me in the latest edition. In particular, Zhang Chunhua and her Michael Jackson 'Thriller' pose she does.
    High five team Wu! Granted, I've only played DW 3 and some of 4, I've always been a fan of Wu and I just love the play styles of those characters. I don't think there was a Wu character I haven't played, at least out if those 2.

Idk if it's still around but aeria (aria?) games made a free to play mmo version of dynasty warriors. I dabbled with it, it was ok but kind of laggy. But that mightve been just my computer, not the game itself.

Yeah that MMO was terrible unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

What was everyone's favourite kingdom, by the by? I've always been a Wu person myself, though a few characters from Jin impressed me in the latest edition. In particular, Zhang Chunhua and her Michael Jackson 'Thriller' pose she does.
    Agreed. I also really like Jia Chong and Sima Zhao. Jia Chong's got his whole ruthless, Machiavellian, Goth spymaster thing going on, whilst Sima Zhao's just this adorable guy who has leadership thrust upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    So it turns out I cant play the other stories as the version I purchased was apparently an expansion. How frustrating
    Yeah, that Lu Bu focus is what kept me from getting that version of the game. We got the Empires versions, and I'd highly recommend it if you can get it also cheap. Unfortunately there's so many games, and versions of each game, its obviously stupid-easy to make a mistake like this. They don't explain that Xtreme Legends is not a director's cut of the game, it's a whole other game with less content Sorry you had such a poop experience on your first outing

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's okay. I can still do campaigns with the other clans that have some story with them, so there is actually a decent amount of content. It's just a bummer when you expect something and get something else. We will probably sell this version for a few dollars and trade it in for the other version. Hopefully it will also be afordable

Not any time soon though. We weren't even going to get this for a while we just saw it in the bargain bin so we grabbed it!

It is pretty fun though and I am overall enjoying it

I'm not sure if Xtreme Legends has it or not, or if its even in the base versions, there's so many versions and differences for such similar games, it's ridiculous; but in Empires you can create your own character and play as a rogue mercenary, or side with a clan. Empires is also nice because of empire mode itself where you get to be the leader, and you get to attempt to unite China xD it's pretty well developed as well, as key story elements have cut-scenes with your actual character. You make blood oaths with your most loyal generals, you court someone or get courted, and get married. In 8 you even get to have kids who get mixed characteristics from both parents and eventually join in battle with mixed stats and weapons from the parents. Super amusing, but yeah, definitely not worth full price. Its just a fun past-time if you can get it on the cheap, and something to look forward to someday. Glad you didn't end up disliking the game. Disappointment is totally understandable though

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I played the PSP version and I finally get the thrill of being a mass murderer legally.

I like Lu Bu and his LONG halberd.