View Poll Results: Overall how was your 2015?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was great!

8 26.67%
  • It was pretty good

7 23.33%
  • It was okay.

8 26.67%
  • Not so hot.

5 16.67%
  • It was awful!

2 6.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overall how was your 2015?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It had good and it had bad

This was probably the best year in the last 10 or so. Not hard though because FFVII is Instant Win.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Overall it was tough! I've learned a lot of hard lessons about raising kids, about what kind of person I am, about how easy it is to get in money trouble and about making good choices.

I also had some bright spots! I lost 20 lbs (and have more to go) and learned that I can pushyself really hard for things I really want.

Next year is going to be great though, because now I have a really good perspective on who I and what I want out of the next decade of my life.

Signature by rubah. I think.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

2015 was probably the worst year of my life, which included bereavement, family strife, massive disappointment, surgery, the loss of a friend, and unnecessary academic stress. However, it also included a lot of support, generousity, a trip home, three months off of work, a successful surgery, a reconciliation, excellent grades, and winning two national awards - which, if I were an optimist, would render it possibly the best year of my life.

So, I voted "okay"

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Meh.

I voted "Great" because my wife gave girth to our third child, a beautiful baby girl.

My grandfather (maternal) passed away earlier this year and he didn't get to meet his great grand daughter. I was fortunate enough to have visited him just days before his passing. I miss him.

I'll let you know how my year was in about 41 hours and 20 minutes. A lot can happen in two days

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was the toughest year of my life with MissH's Dad having Leukaemia, MissH had a horrendous pregnancy, dealing with asshole solicitors when buying our house, plus trying to cope as new parents. It was far too much to deal with all at once and with MissH's Dad only given a 50/50 chance it just made everything so much more difficult to deal with.

Saying that, we're in a great position going into the new year. Here's to a totally uneventful 2016! With baby Bubba though I seriously doubt that will happen

Blog Entries

Mostly bad, mostly lonely
    jan- hooked up with a man, it lasted 5 seconds
    feb- was going wild trying to contact said man who was a workaholic. I had a good birthday with 2 friends though
    mar - ongoing problems with the idiot man, went to London. Started working for a bank
    (after much red tape that is)
    apr to sept - idiot man still a no show, got angry with his lack of text replies. When he finally did reply he avoided all the important questions i asked him. I fell out a bit with one of the female friends i shared my birthday with. She had also become bad at staying in touch. Work was lonely and full of idiots who made me feel like i was at high school again. I spent most of this period crying hysterically.
    Sep- depression continued after handing in my notice. Stayed in bed all the time, feeling nothing but bad about myself. Things didnt improve with either the female friend or the man. They were vaguely sympathetic that id had to quit but that was it
    oct - now: still on a downer here, didnt feel able to contact idiot man as he couldnt cope with my depression
    dec: joined EoFF, told idiot man where to go, and as for my female friend, if she cant even text me at new year, then thats pretty much over too.

As for 2016, im not going to jinx it like some others do. I can live in hope but im no fortune teller, and based on the last few years i cant say anything with confidence. Fate sees me tempting it, i will be bound gagged and in the river before january.

Tomorrows plan
    -give my parents the slip
    -light fireworks
    -talk to americans on eoff who by a thankful time lapse will still not be celebrating the most cliched holiday of the year