Thread: Most memorable about Final Fantasy 5

Blog Entries

Default Most memorable about Final Fantasy 5

CAUTION: SPOILERS

Ive only played it once, but I remember the interesting idea of 2 different worlds seeing two different world maps then, when it was discovered that they used to be one world the map merged and presto! A whole new world! They didnt have the technology for FMV, so they did this innovative thing with maps back then.

I remember how Galuf is from the 2nd world visited, and the Dragon at the beginning is cute! And I remember something about a cute water Dragon later too, aww doesnt she die or something?<sob>

anyway, the memories of you good fellows is now needed perhaps......

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

That part between the first meteor fell to earth and when you see exdeath's tree-body vanish.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

The most memorable moment for me is... Ofcourse. Galufs Demise. What a moment, it shows the true galufs strength. And it also shows that Krile is a strong girl too.

Blog Entries

I dont clearly remember everything about Galuf's demise, but I do kind of. I will play it again, its one I need to borrow from a friend again cos I dont actually own my own final fantasy 5. FF5 does have great replay value due to its sheer wealth of job classes, so gotta pick up the ps1 version once more.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

You could always just emulate it.

Blog Entries

One of my most memorial moments was when they found out it was a girl instead of a boy. People who played will remember.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The job system for me. The third best battle system in the series.

Blog Entries

Mirage, my tenuous understanding of emulation is this: I would need the internet, and probably a better computer than the crashy one ive got right now. For this I need money for subscription, and better drivers or whatever.

I live on the technology breadline, begging for scraps of decent internet wherever I can find it.

But by all power of holy magic, it is not going to stop me playing FF5. I will get an emulator in some glorious afterlife.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    One of my most memorial moments was when they found out it was a girl instead of a boy. People who played will remember.
    Yeah, this is my most memorable moment. I think a lot of it has to do with growing up in a fairly conservative home so the idea of crossdressing was still unheard of to me until I played FFV. Blew my childlike mind.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I haven't played the game in many years and the thing that sprang to my mind first was the fight with Leviathan, so that's it, I guess...

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Midgar Mist View Post
    Mirage, my tenuous understanding of emulation is this: I would need the internet, and probably a better computer than the crashy one ive got right now. For this I need money for subscription, and better drivers or whatever.

I live on the technology breadline, begging for scraps of decent internet wherever I can find it.
    But by all power of holy magic, it is not going to stop me playing FF5. I will get an emulator in some glorious afterlife.
    A 10 year old computer can emulate SNES/GBA. The downloads needed for this are less than the size of two songs in mp3 format. You could get them using a public computer, as long as it allowed you to insert an usb drive to take the files home. Better drivers are free. A reinstall of your OS could help with stability too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'll say finding Lix was the most memorable moment for me. My Home, Sweet Home is used perfectly to invoke an atmosphere that feels both homey and lonely. And the way all the villagers talk to Bartz and he doesn't say a single word back... and then you go to sleep and Bartz visits his mom's grave... it was moving.

Honorable mention to Galuf's death and Gilgamesh self-destructing against Necrophobe.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Wind Crystal just shattering was pretty intense, especially after playing IV where they're these important artifacts that you really don't expect to fall apart. I love how Bravely Default used that later.

And yeah, Galuf's death was AMAZING. It was Tellah's death scene on steroids. Seriously, seeing him own Exdeath with 0 HP was nothing short of cathartic.