Thread: I HAVE THIS GAME!!!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default I HAVE THIS GAME!!!!!

A friend of mine just gave me Final Fantasy Type-0 on Steam as a Christmas Present. It's currently downloading. I CAN PLAY IT! I CAN FINALLY PLAY THIS SMURFING GAME I AM SO HAPPY!

Trout, I need to give this thread a topic. Uhh... Uhh... Post tips, and secrets, and equally excited gifs to compliment mine.

BELATED HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Okay I've already played so I will first assure you that nothing in this game is missable. However, on a first playthrough you should know that there are some things to notice. First will be the green ! marks on peoples heads. This signals the person has an item they will give for 2 hours out of your day. After you play again you will notice the ! turns into a check and you can then talk to the characters without losing 2 hours.

The second thing you should know if that it takes 6 hours to go out of academia and 12 hours (a day) to do Expert Trials. The best thing to do is try and do outside activities after a mission when you are already outside. You can do tasks in towns (which don't change during chapters) and explore caves (which are always the same). So to do as much as possible you need to determine which tasks in academia that you feel you MUST go outside on. You can consort a walkthrough if needed. Academia is the only area tasks change during chapters. So be sure to do them as much as you can.

Another thing is with the items you find by defeating enemies (Fire Shards, Tree Sap, Flan Ooze) you can sell them to make money. It is wise to keep some of the items 5-20 of them for certain tasks. Never sell accessories unless you have over 14-28 (one for each character or two for each character). You only need one of any weapon for the one character who can equip it.

A big thing to look out for on a perfect playthrough is the SOs. Allow them at the sorcery if you dare. You will notice an SO when INCOMING comes above the screen and an envelope appears. If it is a redish pinkish envelope the SO is worth doing. If it is a white envelope it means you can stay in the area and repeat SOs. Failure to complete the SO will make three circle of deaths surround your active leader. If you fail to dodge the circle of death three times you die. You can live past failing an SO but most likely your main character will die. If you do SOs you should do so in story mode. This will allow you to save and complete them all one by one.

Cheats! When you get to Operation MA Demolition complete the mission then go to replay it in the missions area on the title menu. This mission is the easiest place to gain SPP, Killsights (300 per character), phantomas (800 per character). Try to do it in the first underground room with three flans and a Evil Eye. If you allow SP Support you will do yourself a favor. You can also go solo with Deuce and use concerto to get SP supports to kill alot of enemies and gain bunch loads of SPP. You do have to die atleast once in this mission. However if you get use to it you will be able to complete it no problem. (It can be hard).

Chocobo knowledge! It takes two chocobos to make more. Once you mate them it takes 6 hours to make them hatch. You can talk to 3 characters with ! over their heads or exit and re-enter Academia to make the hours go by. There are some hard to get greens (Gyzahl) which allows you to make 99 chocobos at once with a success rate.
    Last edited by Saber; 12-24-2015 at 06:29 AM.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just got this too and just got to chapter 2. All of that time stuff is confusing, hopefully I can get the hang of it :o

Articles
    Blog Entries

Only setback was the sound. On cut-scenes the audio skips a bit, but during gameplay the game plays just fine. Looks like a common issue with people after looking up the issue online.

Still need to get used to the controls. Not used going all the way over to my number pad on the right of the keyboard just to look around. I kept spamming the card attack with Ace the whole time. Killing people WITH CARDS! It's funny.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

There was a sale on steam so I bought it. Haven't touched it yet, though. Will probably do that after I get the graphics card I was going to buy.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh I've been debating on buying this on steam.

I'm kinda surprised not many of you guys have played it, its good but not great. I bought it when it first came out on ps4 with the FFXV demo, I wished I bought it on sale now =________=

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

I like this game and still get chills when I scroll past it on my PS4 and the music starts up. I think the gameplay is fun and the school environment really brings me back. My advice to you is to prepare yourself for a second run. Meaning to say, you don't have to go crazy doing every little task because the game gets a lot better on a second run-through. The story is a little lacking and the voice acting is...well, you've probably heard by now.

Ha and now I just saw that Sora basically wrote everything I was gonna say anyway. So ya, listen to him.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Articles
    Blog Entries

I bought this for the XV demo basically. I booted it up, got smacked in the face by a Mike Tyson sized boxing glove of terminology and confusing lore, and promptly gave up on it. I'm sure I'll give it another go eventually as I'm not in the habit of trading in games and I don't want it to just sit there.