Thread: The XIV Days of Giftmas - Day 4

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Default The XIV Days of Giftmas - Day 4

On the fourth day of Giftmas, the Shaunas gave to me...

I don't know about the rest of you, but that's our Christmas obligations with the family over and done with. Leftover Christmas dinner for lunch for the next few weeks, I think! But, for now it's time to put our feet up and relax after the busy holidays.

But not before geting another Giftmas raffle up on the go! We've had three lucky winners so far; three games of the 14 claimed... who's next? All you've got to do today to enter is:

Tell us what your favourite Final Fantasy mascot or recurring creature (not including summons) is, and why you love the damn thing so much?

Again, approximately 24 hours until the next drawing - get your entries in!

Artwork Source

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

One that aint from ff9!! Except.... Gilgamesh is in ff9 so.....

Anyway gilgamesh. He is funny and witty. In ffv he is a nice guy who just wants to have fun fights and clearly respects galuf. He is selfless and dies to save the team. And in other games he is funny. Also useful in ff8 for whenever you get to use him.

Also clash on bb is cool song.

Aaaaaaaalso. Thanks for the box of ffiv characters. Im keeping rydia
    Last edited by Galuf; 12-27-2015 at 01:42 AM.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

My favorite recurring creature from Final Fantasy has to be the Floating Eye/Ahriman/Plague monsters. Giant Eyeballs w/ wings are awesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm going to go for a classic creature: The bomb.

I always found the bomb a challenge at first. It completely reverses the basic principle of fighting: if you hit your enemy enough, they die. With bombs, if you hit your enemy enough, they explode, and you die (or suffer heavy damage, anyway).

They're at their most annoying when you're powerful enough that you could conceivably defeat them in just a few hits, but not powerful enough that they would definitely die in those hits. If you're clearly under-levelled, there's no point even trying, and if you're over-levelled you can laugh at them with one blow.

Now obviously, ice magic or attacks tend to kill them off fast, but if you're caught short without adequate sources for ice, bombs are annoying enemies. They were probably at their most difficult in FFXII, because of the lack of good water sources; there's one tier 1 water spell, and the odd weapon, and that's it. Ice is removed as a weakness, and the real-time element means it is difficult to judge when exactly it will explode. Even more worryingly, a self-destruct by one bomb sets off the others, which is perilously dangerous as bombs tend to be near other bombs.

Later variants can even remove their weakness to ice and give them more HP (as well as giving them more damaging attacks in the first place). Basically, bombs can be really annoying enemies, despite looking like innocuous, even trivial, encounters.

I was tempted to say ochu, as well, actually. They're confuse attacks can really mess you up.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I like the moogles. I love when they make them more important though, like they're a whole race in the ivalice series or they deliver stuff in IX. They're cute and cuddly and I love them.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Girugamesh because girls just wanna have fun (on a big bridge)

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I'll go with... Chocobos! They're really cute when they say "Wark!" or "Kweh!", it's great how you can raise them all the way and then race and sometimes even fly with them, and their white mage themed plush toys are totally adorable with the hood and kitty ears. Also, when you catch a poor-quality Chocobo in FFVII, they look soooo sad when they walk with their head down, and it feels very nice when they cheer up as you let them go.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Thank you for all your entries! Another day, another winner - today's lucky member being...

(SPOILER)Sefie1999AD!

Congratulations to you! A PM will come your way shortly about claiming your prize!

Until next time, friends!

Articles
    Blog Entries

That's 0 - 4, currently. What luck.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Well, there are 14 days, we've had around 8 entrants total - I think you are in for a shot. xD

Also, I know we pulled this early tonight - we're just trying to bring this to a drawing at around 11pm, so that when we go back to work and midnight is too late for us, we can still keep the draws going.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jar Jar Jinks View Post
    CACTUARS BECAUSE THEY ARE CRAAAAAAAAAZY

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Well, there are 14 days, we've had around 8 entrants total - I think you are in for a shot. xD

Also, I know we pulled this early tonight - we're just trying to bring this to a drawing at around 11pm, so that when we go back to work and midnight is too late for us, we can still keep the draws going.
    Don't take me too seriously, it's fine.