Thread: The XIV Days of Giftmas - Day 7

Articles

Default The XIV Days of Giftmas - Day 7

On the Seventh day of Giftmas, the Shaunas gave to me...

It's the 30th, so it's time to get your christmas shopping in. I don't mean presents, I mean Christmas Sales you capitalist pig. One thing you can't buy is free games, but you can win them. For today, to win you need to post the following:

Tell us your favorite Final Fantasy Moment. Basically tell us your favorite cutscene, plot twist, interaction etc.

You have about 24 hours to enter for today, so get to posting!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

I like thesilver dragon cutscene in ff9 disc 4. Cool battle scene. Cool music.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I know it's not from a particularly well-loved franchise, but the conclusion to the XIII trilogy. There's something rather cathartic about the experience. Lightning, forced to realise the need to rely on friends (or in this case, all of humanity), to bring her out from the cold.

Say what you will about the story, I found it pretty moving. The trilogy could be heavy-going in a few instances, the ending of FFXIII-2 being particularly crushing, so it was nice to have it end on a positive note.

Those final scenes though. Quite something.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I know it's not from a particularly well-loved franchise, but the conclusion to the XIII trilogy. There's something rather cathartic about the experience. Lightning, forced to realise the need to rely on friends (or in this case, all of humanity), to bring her out from the cold.

Say what you will about the story, I found it pretty moving. The trilogy could be heavy-going in a few instances, the ending of FFXIII-2 being particularly crushing, so it was nice to have it end on a positive note.

Those final scenes though. Quite something.
    I don't want to participate in the Giftmas competition today, but I just wanted to say that I agree with you there. The cutscenes before, during and after the final dungeon of LR were extremely touching.

As for my favorite moment, two come to my mind very quickly, both from FFIX. The first event is in (SPOILER)Pandemonium, where you first have the "You're Not Alone" scene when Zidane overcomes his dark past with the help of his friends, and when you leave the place, Zidane and Garnet have a wonderful moment together, showing how much they and their relationship have grown during the story. The second great moment is the ending, which has plenty of happiness and sadness, and to me it's one of the best video game endings I've ever seen.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Not sure what my favourite moment is, but when I played through Final Fantasy VIII, I would always get a kick out of beating Diabolos! It's always the little challenges I enjoy.

I did also enjoy the scene in FFX when you climb Gagazet and get that wonderful scene of a destroyed Zanarkand.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

In black mage village when Vivi learns more about himself and has the discussion about "stopping". The way it's handled is just beautiful and touching and relatable. It shows how strong and yet vulnerable Vivi is

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You're not alone in IX.The whole scene was lovely. They all rallied around Zidane as he was all sad and distraught. I really liked them coming together like that.

Articles

We've done the math, and calculated today's winner. Congratulations (SPOILER) Freya!!

PM has been sent on how to collect your junk.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

YAY!!