View Poll Results: Who would you take out of the game?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tidus

10 25.00%
  • Yuna

2 5.00%
  • Lulu

2 5.00%
  • Wakka

1 2.50%
  • Kimahri

17 42.50%
  • Auron

2 5.00%
  • Rikku

6 15.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FFX - If you could remove one character...

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

If I could remove one character, I would remove no one. Thankfully, the topic didn't say I *had* to remove one . I don't think anyone in the party are both annoying and inconsequential to the story,
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Take out Tidus. Split Tidus' roles on the story between Auron and Rikku, with Auron having the Jecht/Zanarkand connection and Rikku driving the anti-Yevon and culture shock storylines. Make Rikku the speedy secondary fighter and make Yuna the main character.
    Last edited by Laddy; 08-01-2016 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    She and Seymour would have done it together.

Either that or Sin would kill her. The end.
    I doubt she'd even done it to Seymour, to tell you the truth.

But yeah, a Final Fantasy game where the bad guys win. Hilarious

Obviously if she was the main protagonist without a Tidus involvement the story would be rewritten accordingly, so your argument is invalid right out of the gate.
    Yuna was never into Seymour romantically, she respected him and admired him as a teacher and only wanted to marry him so others could be happier for a while- this is the young woman who was willing to sacrifice her own life, for everybody else in Spira, so a marriage between her and Seymour was just another big sacrifice for Spira for her. There was no love between them, at least on Yuna's side.

Even with or without Tidus, Lord Jyscal still would've dropped his sphere, and Yuna still would've had her plan/s to try and stop Seymour and then attempt to agree to the marriage at a chance of Sending him. Rikku would still throw the Al Bhed grenade to halt the wedding, because she would've still had the desire to become a Guardian to protect her cousin. Yuna would still use summons to escape from Seymour.

Love Tidus or hate the guy, but his role of the story was to introduce the player into Spira- whenever you had a question about something Spira related- you had that question too, Tidus was there to answer the question, and to help world building and to help the player understand this fantasy universe and it's culture and rules.

Kimarhi.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I choose to disregard the choices in the poll and take Seymour out of the game. I like some of the concepts behind him, but I don't think those concepts were utilized well and the character wasn't very good. I can probably say that about most characters and aspects of the game though despite liking the game myself.

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I choose to disregard the choices in the poll and take Seymour out of the game. I like some of the concepts behind him, but I don't think those concepts were utilized well and the character wasn't very good. I can probably say that about most characters and aspects of the game though despite liking the game myself.
    A bold choice, but a quite good one non the less.

I applaud you for your non-conformity.

Quite a big rewrite though.

X and X-2 are both good games. Just like Alien and Aliens are both good movies. You don't have to choose one or the other.

But like Alien, X is better than its sequel.

Khimari. Because he's already the least interesting character. No one would notice he was gone.

The Leblancs.
    "The Save Sphere debacle of 2014: Never Forget"

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Take out Tidus. Split Tidus' roles on the story between Auron and Rikki, with Auron having the Jecht/Zanarkand connection and Rikku driving the anti-Yevon and culture shock storylines. Make Rikku the speedy secondary fighter and make Yuna the main character.
    I was going to vote for Kimahri until I read this!

Sorry (not sorry), Tidus. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

I voted Rikku, simply because I didn't really like her and don't think she particularly 'fits' with the other characters of the game.

It was a close call between her and Lulu - I hardly used Lulu at all for battles (and am now suffering the consequences grinding away at her sphere grid).
    TrueGaming - Just How Good Are You?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Kimahri. He is the weakest link on the team as his overdrive is subpar, and his sphere grid is underwhelming. However he is the link to the Ronso's however you could cut him and still have a story there

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Take out Tidus. Split Tidus' roles on the story between Auron and Rikku, with Auron having the Jecht/Zanarkand connection and Rikku driving the anti-Yevon and culture shock storylines. Make Rikku the speedy secondary fighter and make Yuna the main character.
    Which one would be the love interest?

I'd take out Yuna so that way all characters could be equal in the number of Aeons that they have lol!
    On a serious note, I don't know who I"d like to see removed. I feel every character has some form of importance in the game.
    "I'm seeing it clearer/Hating the picture in the mirror/They claim we inferior/So why the f**k these devils fear ya?/I'm watching my nation die genocide the cause/Expect a blood bath/The aftermath is y'alls/I told ya last album, we need help cause we dying/Give us a chance, help us advance cause we trying/Ignore my whole plea, watching us in disgust/And then they beg when my guns bust/They don't give a f**k about us" 2pac ft. Outlawz- "They Don't Give a F**k About Us"