Thread: Arrogant Amarant.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Default Arrogant Amarant.

What do you think of amarant? (salamander. Scarlet hair whatever.)

I tell you when i first saw his picture on the ff9 box. I thought he was a chicken............. Weird. But i kinda miss thinking he was a chicken it made me think of the possible guy he was. Well actually it turned out to be freya who i was thinking of. But ah wello

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He feels out of place to me. He doesn't really fit with the world or story very well and kind of feels tacked on. He's fun to use in battles but he's not my fave character despite being one of my favorite character archetypes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

He seems rather pointless, to be honest.

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hated him. Like the previous posts I agree he felt tacked on.

Blog Entries

Now that you all mention it, yes he was tacked on. He even looks like he couldve been half decent given his skills but the game gives you no time to learn them. His weapons are also outlandishly expensive and when you've already been relying on big hitters Zidane and Steiner the whole game what's the point of him? And the whole storyline issue its like why should I even care if he's got a score to settle with Zidane? Plus you don't get to see his face under all that hair.

Meant to be the opposite of Zidane in views and morals about the world, and is just basically there to show that Zidane is right about his viewpoints- that others do need help and being selfish gets you basically nowhere. Could've been executed stronger, as after Ipsen Castle his character becomes pointless. There was no need for him to join the main crew.

I disagree that his character was pointless though, as he was there to show the opposite debate of Zidane's attitude, as alot of people hold Amarant's view on life, in reality- to help yourself before anybody else.

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

True. He was just introduced too late to give a smurf about as you had a fave trio by that point.

He killed hard mod Necron with a Wing Edge and his skills are awesome.

He's aces in my book.

Blog Entries

Really? I should devote some time to him if he can kill Necron. I tried Freya once but she's next to useless at the end of the game.