View Poll Results: What would you do if you knew everything?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell the world! Bow before me!

3 12.00%
  • Keep it to myself. Who knows what would happen if I said anything

2 8.00%
  • Keep it to myself and use it to secretly troll people

2 8.00%
  • Open up a psychic hotline/advice line and use my power to make a living

2 8.00%
  • Take over the world

6 24.00%
  • Use it to better humanity

11 44.00%
  • Ignore it/act like nothing happened

1 4.00%
  • Go crazy

5 20.00%
  • Tell/use it to help friends and family, but nothing more than that

2 8.00%
  • Become a human lie detector

4 16.00%
  • Enlighten everyone as to important things like the meaning of life

4 16.00%
  • Tell people and then give them false info, either for benefit or to be an ass

0 0%
  • Go on a lot of talk shows

4 16.00%
  • Other

10 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you knew everything...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default If you knew everything...

If somehow you knew everything in the world, and you were the only person who did, would you tell anybody or would you keep it to yourself? Would you decide to rule the world with this incredible power, or would you just use it on a smaller scale?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh man. I'd probably go crazy in reality. That's a lot of knowledge I don't think a human mind could handle. I'd go looney. But if that didn't happen I'd use it to make money and whatnot.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

You could do anything. For example if you were playing football/soccer you would know exactly how hard and at what angle you would need to strike the ball in order for it to be a goal, so you could score 100 times in each game and be the world's best pros. Or if you ran for President, firstly you would know all the right things to say and do and the right person to say them to in order to get nominated and then what things to say to the nation to convince enough of them to vote for you. You'd also know some awesome things - is there a god, is there intelligent life out there, the cure for cancer, the meaning of life!

I'm with Freya. That isn't something I'd ever want. D: I think I'd go insane.

Some Text Here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    You'd also know some awesome things - is there a god, is there intelligent life out there, the cure for cancer, the meaning of life!
    I was thinking about this. Would you want to tell people? I feel like the way people are (some people), they'd believe you know everything until you tell them something they don't want to hear and then it would be all "FAAAAKKKE". Especially considering how some people will just blatantly deny facts that disagree with their thinking. So them getting riled up over things like the meaning of life, it might lead to some ugly things.

I suppose if I knew everything though, I would know how to handle that

Also for the sake of discussion let's assume that you won't automatically go insane thanks to forum topic magic~

Ah, forum magic! In that case, I think I'd probably make a lot of money by betting on sports and gambling and whatnot. Ooooh! Maybe I'd become like the BEST poker player ever! That'd be pretty cool.

Some Text Here.

Banned

I'd feel a sense of obligation to share this knowledge with the world to better it that is ..if I cared about it. I'd annihilate what I despise n spare those who I deem worthy, being cognitively superior n all. Tragically power is often used to crush the weak n intellectually inferior.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Id science myself the perfect body, make the world a little better, and then find out how to erase the extra knowledge so I can live a normal life.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    You'd also know some awesome things - is there a god, is there intelligent life out there, the cure for cancer, the meaning of life!
    I was thinking about this. Would you want to tell people? I feel like the way people are (some people), they'd believe you know everything until you tell them something they don't want to hear and then it would be all "FAAAAKKKE". Especially considering how some people will just blatantly deny facts that disagree with their thinking. So them getting riled up over things like the meaning of life, it might lead to some ugly things.

Also for the sake of discussion let's assume that you won't automatically go insane thanks to forum topic magic~
    The meaning of life (or, the meaning of your life) isn't something that you can be told; it's something you have to figure out for yourself.

Act like nothing happened, because enough is enough.

Blog Entries

I would rule as a benevolent dictator.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't know. Ask the theoretical me that knows everything what I'd do if I theoretically knew everything.

I guess from my current perspective I'd mainly keep on living and use this power as I see fit. Pass on some of the knowledge to other people. If I somehow keep the same moral stance I have now I'd probably start interacting with people exactly so that they find happiness. I wouldn't celebrate myself as a celebrity or ruler or anything like that though.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

True answer? I'd probably kill myself.

Otherwise I'd just go ahead and win some lotteries and never have to work again and just spend my days playing all the games/watch all the movies that I know exactly how are going to end before even starting them. Sounds like super fun. Yeah, I think I'll settle for killing myself.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd be more active in Academia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post

You would also know how to convince them that what you're saying is true.

I'd use the knowledge to make sure I had vast amounts of money, then I'd use the knowledge to figure out how to forget it all. I could then help the world with my money in my own humble way.

Either that or use it to help humanity stop poverty, hunger, begin world peace and explore the stars.