Thread: Article: Flying Turtles come to Final Fantasy XIV

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Flying Turtles comes to Final Fantasy XIV

In a letter to the fans, wishing them a Happy New Year, Naoki Yoshida shared some new pictures from the final Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward story line in patch 3.2. He reflected on how 2015 went with the release of Heavensward and promised there will be more Fan events in 2016 and on. Check out the new pictures out!
    That's right, that's a flying turtle! It's a sneak peak at a feature but is the feature just a flying turtle? We'll see in February when they're aiming to get patch 3.2 out.

f03a913191841b0559fd6374069f53dba629018c_3.png

And as per tradition, they "found" a passage on the final page of the diary of the late Archon Louisoix, savior of many during the Calamity, and grandfather to Alphinaud and Alisae. It may give hints to the future of XIV!

What or WHO are the Gerun Oracles? I'm sure we'll see in 2016! Happy New year Final Fantasy XIV players!

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    That's right, that's a flying turtle! It's a sneak peak at a feature but is the feature just a flying turtle?
    It's just a feature most likely, they've been making more and more current mounts able to fly. The turtle can be bought for 200,000 MGP at the Gold Saucer.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm not really into the "make everything fly" thing that's going on with FFXIV. I'm sure I'm in the minority, though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I'm with you there, but then I'd prefer they be more sensible with mounts in general. I would have preferred them to expand barding instead.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

I'm not really a huge fan of flying mounts at all, tbh. It makes the world feel a lot smaller.

Having said that, I want all the mounts to fly now, because I have a ton of them that never get used because they're not part of the flying mount roulette. What we really need is a roulette that picks a ground mount when you're in a no-flying zone, and a flying mount in flying zones.